July 2012 Moms

S/O Movies - GTKY

Cajuns GTKY made me think...I saw Cinderella and Bambi in theaters as a kid on rerelease. I've also seen Gone With The Wind in the theatre. Why don't they rerelease good movies like this more often? I would love to take Dagny to an old Disney movie (Snow White? Peter Pan?!) someday or go see something like an old Audrey Hepurn movie or Casablanca.

If you could see a movie rereleased in the theatre, what would it be?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: S/O Movies - GTKY

• For me: Steel Magnolias. For Frankie: The brave little toaster, I love that movie!!!

• Loading the player...
  • For me... Sabrina. Audrey Hepburn and Julia Ormond.

For Eleanor... Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, The Little Mermaid, and Mary Poppins

• Laurski81 said:
    The Sandlot

@Laurski81 then you know how I say forever every single time

• Sometimes our local theatres shows old releases on the big screen!

I'm so jealous!

• A Disney movie would be Sleeping Beauty. It's my all time favorite from Disney.

Non Disney movie I guess would be The Wizard of Oz. A classic but something I watched a lot with my mom growing up.

I always forget about Sleeping Beauty! That's a good one. And Wizard of Oz would be beautiful on the big screen!!

• I saw The Godfather and Casablanca when they were re-released, and it was utterly awesome.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm with you on Casablanca! I would love to see that in a theater re release.

• MH actually runs a theatre that he will put up a movie screen in every now and then and show older movies. They did the Princess Bride and The Great Lebowski and are going to be doing the Living Dead with a zombie pub crawl beforehand. I asked him about the disney movies and he said they're so expensive it's hard to get the rights to show them again at a second run theatre. Every now and then we'll bring one of our own dvds and watch it on the big screen though. :)

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"