Planning for 2nd HR pregnancy, bed resters come in! — The Bump
High-Risk Pregnancy

Planning for 2nd HR pregnancy, bed resters come in!

I will go into my pregnancy high risk for a  number of reasons but right now in planning my question is about bed rest. I was on strict bed rest during my last pregnancy and it worked out fine because DH worked from home. Now he is working out of the house and I am wondering what I will do if I am put on strict bed rest again. My biggest concern is that I have type 1 diabetes and will not only need my meals on a normal schedule, but would also need food when I have low blood sugars. What do you ladies do for meals during the day if you are home alone on bed rest? Do you have other tips for being on bed rest and already having a toddler? I am just trying to prepare myself as much as possible as my high risk doctor has already told me that he would expect I am in for the same issues. 

Thank you!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Planning for 2nd HR pregnancy, bed resters come in!

• When I was on strict bedrest last time I was completely on my own since my husband didn't work from home. He literally left all my snacks, pitcher if water and meals all next to me on a table. I had piles of junk all around me but it worked. For your insulin I would keep it on a little cooler next to you. Just an idea. This time around I have a toddler so only option Is he is at daycare all day and my husband will have to be on full duty when he gets home at night. There really isn't any way around it. I had my dog go live with my parents last time during the 6 weeks because I couldn't let him out. Hope you don't have the same situation again. And sorry ladies for those who have no clue who I am.. I always read this board since I was on it when I pregnant with my son.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Loading the player...
  • @mcgeeva post away! More answers is always better.

I have a family member here all of the time to help with the kids and make meals and clean. I don't know how on earth people do it without tons of help. I stay home with our kids though so I would imagine it would be a little easier if your kid already attends daycare.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you! Just found out I'm hr again so my docs are being very watchful this time so I would like to stay with you all.

Ayreka that is tough being a stay at home mom. In that situation you have to someone help no way around it. I hope you and your lo are doing okay.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• @mcgeeva I hadn't thought of my dog, I don't have anyone I can leave her with, I'll have to think about that one. As for the food, we do have a mini fridge in the basement we could put next to the bed and a microwave that we could put on top of it. With DD at daycare that sounds like it could work. Thanks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Palma44: see with our dog if we are home - he will keep going to the back door when he has to go out. OF course if it's a normal working day he would wait all day but they don't understand the concept of waitin if your home. Only other option I can think of - kennel the dog on another floor so he wont see you - and have a dog walker come in once a day to help.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards