1st Trimester
Options

XP: Exercise during Pregnancy

Hi ladies,

I haven't been around much since losing baby B as I've had a hard time seeing anything involving multiples but i'm slowly coming out of my shell. I have a question about exercise...

Before ivf I was kickboxing 5-6 days a week plus heavy lifting 3 days a week. Saturday workouts included 2 kickboxing classes and an hour of lifting between. Once I started stimulation and my ovaries began to enlarge i was told to stop. Fast forward to now...

I've been out my old routine for about 2 months. I'm 11 w2d currently. I went for a sonogram on Friday in Fl (the surprise for my husband for those that may remember) and it was wonderful. The lady who is the owns the clinic was great and very knowledgeable so I asked for her opinion on me returning to kickboxing. She said if I was doing it before it was absolutely fine but to tone down the intensity and no jumping/burpees/squat jumps/etc. She also said to be very careful about not overheating and to listen to my body/take breaks if/when needed. Sounded great to me.

Well, my friend seems to think I'm crazy after all I've been through to get to this point with this baby. So I called my dr to ask their opinion. The girl I spoke with said absolutely not and she wouldn't budge on her answer. I'm really disappointed and wondering what the best decision is for me. Clearly i don't want to hurt my baby, but I really miss kickboxing and my mma studio. Additionally, i've seen women running and spinning and working out pretty hard up until they are about to pop.

Anyone in the same boat?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: XP: Exercise during Pregnancy

• Options
    Yes I know women that still run. But they were doing it before, getting and during pregnancy. I also went through treatments and im not liking my love handles right now but i dont want to chance anything. I would take it easy. Take fast long walks, lift arm weights just be careful.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    My ob said to continue regular workout unless it bothers me... Im doing tae Bo cardio inferno 4-5 days a wk for 30-45 mins

M/C found 2/27/13-- D & C 3/6/13

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"