High-Risk Pregnancy

Placenta Previa/Placenta Abruption & Subsequent Pregnancies

LilacStar11LilacStar11 member
edited August 2013 in High-Risk Pregnancy
Hello all!  I was wondering if any of you can offer experiences for me.  I have an appointment with my doc but because it is just an annual/preconception appt, I wont see them till end of October.

I have had quite a few issues in my previous pregnancies; put on modified bedrest for leaking fluid at 34wks with DD.  With DS, I had placenta previa & placental abruption from week 12-22 and was on bedrest and then once they thought it had reabsorbed for the most part, they put me on modified bed rest from 22 weeks forward.  DH would like to have another baby and we have decided to TTC but the doctors opinion on the possibility of recurrence will definitely have an impact on our final decision.  Have any of you ladies had these conditions with a pregnancy and decided to have more children? If so, were you automatically placed high risk with restrictions or did they see what happened as you progressed. 

TIA for any and all help!
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Placenta Previa/Placenta Abruption & Subsequent Pregnancies

• I am pregnant and just had my first apt on tuesday with my doctor and was told due to the severity of my pre-e, partial placenta abruption & preterm labor I am high risk again. He siad I have very high chances it will be back and mostly in regards to pre-e it will come back sooner this time. They have my being monitored closely this time, more blood tests, extra u/s and 24 hour urine collectios starting now. I have no idea if it makes it difference just having the placenta abruption and previa. Good luck I hope you don't have those issues the second time around. But yes..I am definitely thinking about the possiblity of bedrest etc now and what are options are since my company will not consider working from home. Got to take it all into account then again..it's all just high chances. Maybe it won't happen.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• I am so sorry this is happening to you again and thank you so much for sharing your experiences.  I am just trying to be as prepared as possible. I work from home so that is not an issue but beginning of next year when we start trying I will have a 3 1/2 year old and  2year old - no family in the area.  If I am put on BR again, we need to have enough saved to hire a nanny if need be. 

Thanks again and I wish you as healthy of a pregnancy as possible!
  • Loading the player...
  • See I would think about that. At least save up now. We don't have family in the area last time and with 5 weeks of strick bedrest, in and out of the hospital I couldn't even take care of my dog. Now I have a 17 month old and I don't want to even think of not being able to play with him. But he is in fulltime daycare so I need to save up for the what if situation if my company decides this is not a risk they want to take with my for the second go round. I just moved too so going to be really watching our spending the next few months as times passes in case. Good luck to you!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• With placenta previa it can depend how close your pregnancies are. If you wait 2 years between it can lower you risk of another previa. I have been pregnant twice before this and had previa both times. Once it moved the second time I miscarried. Good luck talk to your obstetrician. We r now preggers with baby 3
  • I had placenta previa with #4 and haf an unremarkable pregnancy with #5
  • LilacStar11LilacStar11 member
    edited August 2013
    Thanks so much for sharing ladies, it is greatly appreciated!  We will have at least 2 years in between, probably longer depending on how long it takes us to get pregnant.

Best of health to you and your babies!
  • Good luck!  BTW, my #4 and #5 are 34 months apart.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"