October 2012 Moms

Would you tattoo your kid?

DH and I are going back to PA in Oct and planning on going to a PSU football game with DD1 (who will be 3) and possibly DD2, who will probably spend the whole time in a baby bjorn. We'll take them up to tailgate beforehand, too, and it gets pretty crazy with so many people and I'm already a little worried about DD1 wandering off. So, my question, would you write your phone number with like a "if lost be call" note on your kid's arm? Obviously, the goal is not to lose her, but with such a huge crowd I don't know if that would be a good back-up plan, or if I'd look like the crazy mom who tattooed her child. WDYT?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Would you tattoo your kid?

• When we took a bunch of young kids to Disney we had them all put a card with the phone number of the leaders in their shoe. We reviewed who to go to for help and to give the numbers to.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I did with DD1 at Disneyland, just her first name and my cell on her arm. She was almost 3. I thought it sounded like a good idea.  I've never done it since though.  So yes.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • cool idea...would have never even thought of that
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would. I saw somewhere about writing with marker and then covering it with liquid bandage so it doesn't come off easily.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • You can buy a tattoo with your number on it, they are called "safety tattoos". I think it's a great idea. I have read blogs where some moms have even taken a polaroid of themselves that day and put it in the kids pocket. However I think that might have been bigger kids who would know to pull the photo out.
  • LauraT25 said:
    I totally thought this was going to go in a different direction.

Especially with "...and it gets pretty crazy..." In there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LauraT25 said:
    I was waiting for a "do you think a small Nittany Lion on the ankle would be tacky?"
    Hahahah yeah I guess this could have gone a different direction...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Road ID sells a narrow bracelet in XS for toddlers. I am thinking of getting one that simply says "If I am lost please call..." and my & my husband's cell #s. He likes wearing my watch so it may end up being a birthday gift.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"