July 2013 Moms
Options

Big Girl Panties (Blog\Long)

I put them on today and braved the grocery store with my LO. I know, I know, most of you have been doing this for weeks now. I've read so many threads with tips and advice, so I feel like I owe y'all a big thanks!

I fed the baby this morning, prepped the stuff and myself to leave, strapped her in the carseat, checked my Total Baby app and realized that it had been 55 min since she ate, so I took her BACK out and fed her for another 20 minutes. She was all calm and happy for the ride there. I strapped her into the Baby Bjorn and in we went. She fussed a little, but calmed with the pacifier and then was occupied with staring at everything.

She passed out about 15 minutes in and I was able to get my whole stock up list done! The awesome clerks at Publix helped me unload the cart, then walked us out and the girl loaded ALL of my groceries into the back of the car while I put LO in her carseat. I tried to tip her, but their policy is that they don't accept them. She rocked and made it SO much easier. (FTR, they have an internal reward system for customer compliments. I called the store mgr after I got home just to say thank you and she said they give store vouchers to employees when they get good feedback! I told her that the girl needed some of that.)

Pushing my good luck, I went through the Dunkin' Donuts drive thru and got an iced coffee (which they did NOT put caramel in like I asked, but oh well). Starbucks is too far away, so this worked.

LO woke up while I waited, but was totally chill. She didn't make a peep until 3 min from the house and then the full on meltdown commenced. I got her in, got her calm, fed her, then she chilled in her swing while I unloaded the groceries. :D

I know it's dorky and boring, but dang I felt like a rock star for pulling it off. We can do this mom thing!!!

TLDR: I successfully took LO to the grocery store by myself today. Thanks to J'13 for all the tips and support! ;)

Re: Big Girl Panties (Blog\Long)

• Options
    That's great! I went to the grocery store today too which went really well. The vet on the other hand... my non fussy baby decided to fuss the whole time! A small dog and a baby was hard enough! How do patents with more than one do it?? Haha. Glad your trip went well.
  • Options
    Isn't it funny what makes us feel like rock stars these days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Great job, mama!

Also: God, I miss Publix.
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • Options
    Thanks, girls :)

Yes, it really is. I had a big stupid grin on my face as I got to the dairy section and realized that I was going to get through my whole list. So then I added Sam Adams Octoberfest to the cart as well. ;) it's the little things.
  • Options
    Good work! I just had an Oktoberfest!

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Options
    EagleWife said:

Thanks, girls :)

Yes, it really is. I had a big stupid grin on my face as I got to the dairy section and realized that I was going to get through my whole list. So then I added Sam Adams Octoberfest to the cart as well. ;) it's the little things.
    Mmmmm Oktoberfest. DH brought some home last night. Best time of the year!
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    Great job, EagleWife! I can probably count on one hand how many times I've been out with LO (besides doc appts). It's scary, isn't it?! Your rocked it though! I assume the more we do it, the more confidence we'll have. Congrats on your uneventful trip! =-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    There are three reasons for breast-feeding: the milk is always at the right temperature; it comes in attractive containers; and the cat can't get it.  ~Irena Chalmers
  • Options
    Yay!! I have taken LO out on errands everyday this week. It felt great for me the first time I did the grocery too!!

Bonus: 

• Options
    Great job mama and baby!
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone! I'm still enjoying the triumph :D and about to crack open an SAO. Cheers! (B)

• Options
    Great job! It sounds like things went really well :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Every little victory counts!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Nice work! It feels good to tackle new experiences doesn't it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Stina2012 said:

Nice work! It feels good to tackle new experiences doesn't it!

Sure does, @Stina2012! Next on my "to do" checklist is NIP. I've fed her at the ILs house, but that's not technically "public." I suspect it will happen soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"