December 2012 Moms

Meals/Table Food

Anyone else's kid super interested in table food and has an appetite to match?

I don't know if it's because she's the third kid and sees her sisters' eating, or if it's just her personality but Margo LOVES to eat! Today we were at Chipotle and she downed rice, black beans, some guacamole & a package of Mummums. Each time she'd finish the black beans in front of her, she'd look at me almost like" WTF mom?" She still nurses 5-7 times a day. 
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.

Re: Meals/Table Food

• I can't believe how much DD is eating now... 

Today at daycare she had a few strips of waffle + honeydew at 8:20, cheese/bread + watermelon +cooked carrots at 11:10, and strawberries + graham crackers at 2:20.  Then we came home and she had about 1/4 cup of baked spaghetti, 2 strawberries, and 2 strips of banana bread.  She also does a straw cup with water during each meal/snack.

Plus, she had three 4oz bottles and nursed 2 other times.

The daycare teachers are super impressed with her haha... The other day one of them was like, "do you know she eats cucumbers?!  what baby likes cucumbers??"  I was like... This baby.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Morgan Loves cucumbers!!  We also have given her tomatos and she sucks all the insides out of them!

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• Rory's a little tub too. Yesterday he has his baba for breakfast, then two chicken nuggets and french fries for lunch we were out all day, then puffs and yogurt for a snack and for dinner grilled chicken, baked potato and cantalope. Then he went out for ice cream with my parents because DH and I went out on a double date with some friends and he had strawberries and pound cake from and a few bites of my mom's sunday.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yep! If you eat in front of DD, you best be prepared to share b/c she WILL NOT leave you alone if you don't...she's also learning that being put in a high chair mean food, so you have to wait until you have something to feed her before putting her in one at a restaurant b/c she will get mad if you don't give her something to eat once she's in the chair.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• This is our 3rd too but I've never done baby food with any of my kids (I don't follow BLW either).  Generally 8-9 months old I just start giving them table food.  DC3 got food the earliest because she kept yelling for it (she obviously felt left out)- that was 3 weeks ago (so not quite 8 weeks old), her first food was BBQ chicken.  From that day on she eats what we eat: waffle for breakfast, 1/2 PB & J for lunch, chicken or hamburger for dinner, etc.  She also still nurses @ 5 times a day.  The funny part is she's kinda small- barely 16 lbs however, she's very active (she's taking steps) so I think she's just burning it faster than she can eat it!  
  • From what I've read and understand about BLW is at @ 6 months old they give large pieces of food for exploration and then in a few weeks they will start feeding themselves.  I delay any type of food (other than BM) until about 8 months old and then I start giving them regular table food and I cut it up for them to feed themselves.  Some people don't see the difference (frankly I'm kinda one of them) but I've known some BLWs that are quick to let me know that I don't BLW ;)
  • Yep! If you eat in front of DD, you best be prepared to share b/c she WILL NOT leave you alone if you don't...she's also learning that being put in a high chair mean food, so you have to wait until you have something to feed her before putting her in one at a restaurant b/c she will get mad if you don't give her something to eat once she's in the chair.

This is my DD too! I honestly don't know where she puts it all. She is like a little bottomless pit these days!
  • I do BLW too this time around, and I think it's hilarious when my calm, sweet little guy gets mad at me for not having what the rest of us are eating in front of him the moment I strap him in. He has always been like this, which is part of the reason why I think purees never worked for him. I don't know how much he swallows vs. spits out, but his diaper does show that SOME food is making it down. :-) It can only get better!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Rory's a little tub too. Yesterday he has his baba for breakfast, then two chicken nuggets and french fries for lunch we were out all day, then puffs and yogurt for a snack and for dinner grilled chicken, baked potato and cantalope. Then he went out for ice cream with my parents because DH and I went out on a double date with some friends and he had strawberries and pound cake from and a few bites of my mom's sunday.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"