Third-Party Reproduction

Hello (Ticker warning: Children mentioned)

Hi Everyone,

I was active on this board a a couple of years ago. I have a 7 year old DS and I have a 7 month old DS that we were blessed with due to my Best Friend who carried him for us. Well after two losses and multiple years of infertility it was determined that I needed a hysterectomy. Well I had the hysterectomy in June and I am now starting to feel very emotional about it. Although I have two DS that are my life, I feel like something has been taken away from me that I will never get back. Unfortunately this is something that no one I know has gone through and it is hard for someone to understand. It still stings when I hear that other people are pregnant. I would love another child, but unless we come into some money (having a gestational carrier was very expensive) So I guess my question is, does anyone know if there is a board for this? Or, does anyone know someone who has dealt with this? How did they get through it?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers DoriBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hello (Ticker warning: Children mentioned)

• I am very sorry that you are in this position. My heart goes out to you for everything you've been through. I wish I had advice as to where you could go for support, but unfortunately I don't personally know anyone else who has been through this. This is a long shot, but maybe try the secondary infertility board? I know it's not even close to the same situation, but many of the women there deal with infertility after having children and it's difficult for them. Another option might be "Success after Infertility" even though that also isn't a sure-fire fit.

You're welcome to post here. This board is for people who have used third party reproduction and are on any part of the journey - and you used a GC and are on the parenting part of it.

The last thing I can think of is the possibility of finding a counselor who specializes in infertility issues. There is so much to sort out, that sometimes it's just too much to do on our owns. Many of us have talked to someone about it, and most of us have found it very helpful.

Hugs to you - I hope you are able to find some peace.

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • DoublePortionDoublePortion member
    edited August 2013
    Hello! I 2nd everything Liz said and also wanted to add that there is another forum called HysterSisters. I've read posts on that site several times and it seems to be a supportive and informative place! You are more than welcome to hang with us too but I know it makes a difference to be able to talk to people who have been in your shoes. ((hugs)) https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• Loading the player...
  • Thank tou so much for your kind words and advice.  I was an am currently still part of the SAIF board and those amazing women there.  It also seems like the ladies on this board as just as amazing.  If it does not bother anyone I would also like to post here sometimes as well.  Even just to deal with the emotions of not being able to carry my 2nd DS and feeling like I missed out on those special parts.  Thank you so much for the link!  I will check that out:)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers DoriBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"