April 2014 Moms

WHEN ARE YOU TELLING EVERYONE ( family, friends, fb world, etc. )

2»

Re: WHEN ARE YOU TELLING EVERYONE ( family, friends, fb world, etc. )

• Close family and friends = 12 weeks
    Facebook = never 
    Work = postpone as long as possible, possibly 16 weeks

• I'm voting for ASAP. This little one will be our second. I didn't have to say much when I was constantly running for the bathroom due to the morning sickness. Everyone figured it out right after that.
  • Loading the player...
  • rtv3rtv3 member
    I voted 12 weeks but it'll actually be between 9 -11 weeks that we slowly tell people :)
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

• Well I tried not to tell anyone,which is what we wanted until after my appointment (tomorrow) but I ended up telling my sister because she came over to visit when my nausea started. I somehow have kept it from my Mom twice seeing her and from a few friends. Waiting until after appt which I'll be 8w2d and only close family and a few friends. After that waiting until at least 12wks
  • different answers for each!

parents, siblings and our immediate closest friends knew within 48 hours

other families in our church were told or found out through the grapevine within the first 3-4 weeks of us knowing (so i was 4-7 weeks along)

boss was told at 6 weeks - i was high risk and going in for ultrasounds right before my work day started, so i wanted to warn her in case i came in a mess from getting bad news.

facebook still doesn't know.  i'm showing now at 9 weeks and have been showing since 6-7 weeks, so if people ask i don't hide it.  we'll go facebook public in another week or few weeks, probably.
  • Work - told my boss today (6w 4d) so he would have a heads up about appointments and possible morning sickness.
    Parents - Sunday 7w
    Besties - sometime after
    Other close friends/fam - after first ultrasound 9/10
    FB - 12w
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Planning to tell both of our immediate family after our first prenatal visit, but we're debating on whether or not to tell our parents on Sunday, Sept 8 which is National Grandparents Day :) We won't tell everyone else until 2nd trimester.
  • Told only immediate family at 6 weeks, and telling everyone else at 12 weeks..only a couple weeks to go, yay!
  • My parents know. We will tell DH's parents and sister after our first ultrasound. Closest friends will know at 12weeks, and we probably won't tell anyone else until we know the sex, or until it's too obvious to hide.
  • We are telling our families on Sunday (I'll be 9w 6d on Sunday). I already told my boss because I've had to leave early for multiple appointments. We are probably going to wait until 12 weeks before we go public to everyone else.

I'm really excited to tell my family on Sunday, but my brother just sprung it on me that he is bringing his new girlfriend. I just think it might be a little awkward since no one in my family has met her yet. I pictured this just being our families and now there's going to be this new girl there for such a personal moment. Am I being ridiculous?
  • Once bitten and twice shy they say. We're going to wait 12 weeks again. It sucks to tell everyone then have to take it back. :(
          imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Parents, siblings, and close friends at 8 weeks (September 7th)... Other family members at 12 weeks.. Coworkers at 12 too as long as I can keep hiding the nausea :-& and FB world, probably not until 18-20 weeks unless I show a lot faster than that!
    Married: 2012 --- BFP: 2013 - Little Miss arrived: 2014 --- BFP #2: 2015 - EDD: 2/2016 (Team Green)
  • Family we told at 8 weeks, friends I'll tell at 12, I'm never announcing on facebook until the baby is born. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Almost everyone in my family already knows and a ton of other people do too based on rumors but we won't be making an official Facebook announcement until after my 10 week appointment
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I found out last October at 12 week ultrasound there was no heartbeat. This time around we are waiting for a healthy 12 week u/s before telling anyone.
  • Since I'm 19 and unexpectedly pregnant only my baby's father, my best friend, and best friends mom know right now. I'm waiting until the second trimester to tell anyone else
  • I haven't told anyone yet except a close friend who watched my son so DH and I could go to our ultrasound. I might tell my mom this weekend, other family and friends after the 12 week screen and scan. Facebook maybe 20 weeks when we know the gender.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"