1st Trimester
Options

OB doesn't want to see me...

I'm confused.  I got a bfp yesterday and today....the same day that I also started bleeding.  It's pretty significant bleeding but I wouldn't say "heavy"....where it's red and I need to wear a pad.

I spoke to her nurse twice now and they told me that bleeding isn't uncommon.  They didn't want me to come in unless the flow becomes heavy, clots appear, or I get cramping (which I currently don't have).  By my charting I would only be 4 weeks so it's super early at this point.  With my first, I had no bleeding....so this is just freaking me out!

I still have the typical symptoms, though.  Sore breasts, funny feeling stomach, tired....

I just don't get why they wouldn't want to see me or do blood work?  I understand it's early but jeez.....I'd like to know what's going on here!
BFP #1 - January 2010...m/c at 12 weeks 
BFP #2 - December 2011, little lady #1 born August 2012
BFP #3 - August 2013....m/c at 5 weeks 
BFP #4 - October 2013....little lady #2 born June 2014

Re: OB doesn't want to see me...

• Options
    Not until September 25th, sadly. Being 4 weeks is probably too early to see anything on an ultrasound.  

The waiting game is the worst!

• Options
    edited August 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They don't want to see you because at this point it would only be a waste of time and money because there is literally nothing they can do.
  • Options
    They don't want to see you because at this point it would only be a waste of time and money because there is literally nothing they can do.
    Sad, but true.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    Good luck!
  • Options

And the possibility of it being a "chemical pregnancy," where you tested before you missed your period and before implantation occurred.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    KariB509 said:
    And the possibility of it being a "chemical pregnancy," where you tested before you missed your period and before implantation occurred.

Just to clarify, an embryo has to implant in order to excrete HCG into the woman's bloodstream and test positive. A chemical pregnancy is when the embryo implants but does not develop far enough to be detected on an ultrasound. OP, I hope your bleeding is nothing but like the other ladies have said, there's nothing that your doctor can do at this point anyways. Good luck.
    My Blog
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

TTC #1 since February 2011
    Me: 29 (3/5/13- high NK cells)  DH: 28 (5/8/12- MFI low morph and motility)
    Cycle #21 (IUI#1), Cycle #22 (HSG 9/21/12) and Cycle #23 (IUI#2)=  image
    Cycle #24- December Snow Bunny IVF #1
    ER 12/6/12 (14R, 11M, 9F), ET 12/9/12 transferred 2 day 3 embies
    Bleeding and low betas=very cautious image C/P 5W3D
    Cycle #26 March Lucky Duck- FET #1
    scheduled 3/20/13- CANCELLED- lining issues
    Cycle #27 May Emerald- FET #1.2
    delayed- Starting Trental for 3 months + natural cycles Cycle #28-30=  image
    Cycle #31 August Shooting Star- FET #1.3 
    transferred 1 hatching blast 8/21/13= imageBetas 8/30 (108) and 9/3 (565)

U/S 9/19/13- HR is 128!  U/S #2 10/4/13- HR is 174!
    It's a BOY!

• Options
    Just an update...I finally did go in and it was confirmed that I miscarried.  Even though I never clotted or cramped, I guess it just wasn't meant to be.  Hopefully next month will bring a sticky baby!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"