Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Hand Foot Mouth Virus

My son was diagnosed with this last night. We are doing everything the doctor has said to do. He has been a really sick child, but I have never seen him in so much pain. Anyone have any experience with this or any recommendations? I know the virus has to take its course, but I was wondering if anyone had found a way to provide some comfort to LO.

chaseandchristian again

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hand Foot Mouth Virus

• Popsicles.  Water droppers if he gets really bad and won't eat/drink.  Anything fluid and cool, as keeping up the liquid intake is key.  You could try an oatmeal bath for the sores.  I'm sorry LO is sick, hoping it runs its course quickly!

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Smoothies, milkshakes, pouches, alternate Advil & Tylenol, lots and lots of snuggles.  We went and got him some new toys and books to try to distract him as much as possible.  It was worth the splurge!

image   image

• Loading the player...
  • We found the most soothing thing to do was ice cream or sherbet.  The milk products seemed to neutralize the acid from the open sores.  Also...the doctor prescribed us Tylenol with Codeine.  I didn't plan to use it until she refused everything, and they were going to admit her for dehydration.  We used it for about 24 hours, it worked like a charm, and made her tolerate more fluids.  Good luck.  It is miserable!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"