TTC after 35

IVF Medication Side Effects....Who's had them & how are they really?

PrivateOnePrivateOne member
edited August 2013 in TTC after 35

In anticipation of my upcoming Flare Protocol, I'm curious what kind of side effects everyone has experienced. I'll be starting on BCPs tomorrow and then be taking max dosages of Follistim, Menupor and Diluted Lupron in prep for my first IVF cycle. My IVF nurse has explained the dosing has been determined strictly by my age of 43 and they need to get as much as they can out of me. I rarely take medication and have concerns when I hear "max dosage" come out of her mouth, lol. Obviously I have to trust them and she claims the only complaints she's ever heard are that women feel tired, but I'm hoping for somemore insight than than from the gals here.

Anything you'd like to share is greatly appreciated.

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
IVF #2: Apr '
14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
IVF #3: June '14
Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

Re: IVF Medication Side Effects....Who's had them & how are they really?

• I'm doing a micro flare protocol this month too.  This is ivf #3 and last.  This cycle we are leading with coQ10, DHEA, doxycycline, and estrace.  Then I'll start 20units of lupron and then add follustim and menopause.  Stims don't really give too many side affects to me.  The drop after retrieval is probably the worst.  And the dreaded 2ww!!

I'm anxious to start lupron too.  
    ****Siggy Warning****

IVF Cycle #1 - 4/06/2013 -3dt of 2 embryos, nothing to freeze - BFN 
    IVF Cycle #2 - 7/18/2013- 3dt of 3 embryos.Froze one 3AA 6 Day Blast! - BFN
    IVF Cycle #3 - 9/15/2013 - 3dt of 4 embryos, nothing to freeze - BFP!!!
    10/7 - +HPT - Beta #1 10/10 - 72, Beta#2 10/14 - 518,Harmony 21 @ 12 weeks shows one very healthy little BOY!!

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for sharing! Best of luck to you on this cycle :) 

I'm almost a week into my BCP and will have baseline ultrasound in about two weeks.  Once that happens it will be time to start medications.  Don't have the exact protocol, but should very soon. Fingers crossed it is all smooth sailing through it all.

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
    IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
    IVF #2: Apr '
    14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
    IVF #3: June '14
    Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
    Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"