October 2012 Moms

Baby Shower Question

I know this is probably more for the baby shower board but I have never posted there so here I am.  So on of DH's friends from when he was a kid just got married for the second time.  We have only seen him once in the past two years because he had a phase where he just wanted to go out to strip clubs and DH and were totally not in the same stage of our lives.

Anyway we were really close to his first daughter.  I just got an invitation for his new wife's baby shower in 3 weeks.  This will be the 4th child between the two of them (why they are having a baby shower in the first place I don't know).  Anyway I have only met his wife once and that was only for a few hours.  The shower is a week before LO's birthday party so I am probably not going since I will be busy.

Do I have to send a gift from there registry?  Would it be in bad taste not to?

Re: Baby Shower Question

• Maybe since you're not even going, just something small to say that you're thinking of them...even if you're really not. :P 

I wouldn't be dead set on going with the registry either...some people just put huge items on their registry.  So if there's smaller stuff, then at least you know she picked it out.  If there isn't, then go with something that you know she'll need  --onesies, burp cloths, baby towel, package of baby bath products, etc
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wally3Wally3 member
    edited August 2013
    I wouldn't buy from the register I would buy something like stuff animal or clothing somewhere on sale. I get all close friends something little when I go see baby for the first time. If they have a 2nd shower then they get that for shower no meet the baby present.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Just realized I meant to type their not there!  Sorry!

• I wouldn't send anything. To me, a baby shower isn't like a wedding. If you can't make it, for whatever reason, you really don't need to send something. If you visit the new baby, take a gift if you're so inclined. But not for the shower.
  • Thanks...that's what I was thinking. 

• Baby #4?! Yeah, skip the gift.
    Birthday

• I agree with what others are saying you shouldn't feel obligated to buy anything especially since it sounds like your not that close.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"