January 2013 Moms
Options

GTKY (Borrowed)

The SAHM board discussed this a few days ago and I thought I was interesting. So....if you and DH/SO got married where you first met, where would that have been and what would you have done to make it special?

Mine's boring because we did get married where we met--at church. Haha.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GTKY (Borrowed)

• Options
    I posted on that thread but... We met at an airport. The summer after the freshman year of college, a bunch of my friends and I went on vacation together, there was a whole group of us and he was friends with some of them. We right from the airport (where I flew in last because my flight was delayed like 5 hours) to Gatlinburg.

So, we would get married by the baggage claim then reception at the food court and honeymoon in Gatlinburg! Super tacky.
  • Options
    We met where DH works. He works with my dad, so that's how we were introduced. I'm not sure that would be the best wedding, but I guess at least they have a cafeteria where we could do the reception lol. He works for a manufacturer of household goods, so we could give those out as wedding favors, lol. Who doesn't need deodorant and toothpaste? This is so funny to even think about!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well DH and I met at a restaurant and bar... How's that for a classy wedding? :\">

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

• Options
    DH and I met at the bank I used to work at. He actually asked me out the first time through the drive-thru with a date "coupon". I can only imagine a wedding at a bank--would money be the favor? lol.

We did however make reference to our meeting in our wedding program. There was a note that said "and to think it all started with a coupon". Not everyone got it but it was our nod to our first meeting :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Love this! DH and I met at work. He was my manager at BabyGap in a mall. So I guess the wedding would be at the cash wrap in the store, reception in the food court and then we could catch a movie after! Lol!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Haha--oh, this is entertaining, ladies!
  • Options
    Well, we met online, but the first time we met face to face was at a movie theater to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  Obviously had a great time, but it's not exactly original :)
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• Options
    We met in our dorm building freshman year of college at UCF. We got married in my hometown.
  • Options
    This is making me try to think of where I'd have gotten married if I'd married previous boyfriends where we met...so far I have a classroom at college, a green space at college (which would have been nice), the library in my hometown, or my high school auditorium. Haha. So many memories...please forgive me, I'm feeling soooo nostalgic right now. :-) Not about ex-boyfriends! Just in general. ;-)
  • Options
    We met freshman year in college, we lived in the same dorm hall. So the wedding would be held there, reception in the cafeteria :)

• Options
    we met when I was 15 at round table pizza. at least round table has a buffet now for this wedding. lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We met at work but we worked at a hotel that hosted wedding quite often so I'm boring on this one! He was a Frint Desk Manager and I was a Sales Manager.
  • Options

Well, which time DH and I met. Technically we went to high school together but we hung in different groups. So if we got married there, the high school is now a library and civic center so we would have the ceremony in the library and the reception in the old gym that really isn't used any more (there is still a weight lifting room off one side of it....that could be fun!).

When we met again when we were 27, I was at his office getting a quote on insurance. Their office is tiny...I guess we'd have the ceremony and reception out in their back parking lot....yay! LOL!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    We met at a bar.  The kind of hole in the wall bar where they let you dance on the bar, puke in the bathrooms, and no one gets kicked out, ever.  The place was actually closed due to health violations.  Sigh, it was a beautiful night.  

They recently underwent a multi-million dollar renovation to become a restaurant/bar/reception destination, so if we were getting married now, it would be a great place, but if we got married there 5 years ago, I'm pretty sure my super up-tight cousins would have peed their pants because they would have been afraid of the bathroom.
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
  • Options
    DH and I met at a friends house, not sure which one as we were mostly acquaintances and didn't really notice each other until we were together at another friends house. Ironically the summer the year before, he and she were together until he went back to college. So, getting married at her place would've been completely awkward - lol 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic imageimage

• Options
    we met at a bennigans....but we wouldn't have been able to get married there because they all closed down before then :( 
    but at least we would have had good apps and drinks :)

• Options
    Our parents connected us when we both moved to Washington, DC, at the same time. We talked on the phone first, but our first in-person meeting was near the carousel on the National Mall. That would be a pretty cool place for a wedding. 

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"