Chemical Pregnancy - Just found out. — The Bump
Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Chemical Pregnancy - Just found out.

Hi everyone. I got a BFP last Thurs my numbers were 200, 400 on Saturday, then drop to 250 yesterday, Monday. Dr said prepare for a miscarriage and this was most likely a chemical pregnancy. I had 1 miscarriage at 9 weeks in 2011 and delivered a healthy beautiful DD in Aug 2012. I don't know what to feel, obviously feeling sadness. I feel numb and angry like my mind is not accepting it and trying to trick itself into thinking it didn't even happen, like I was never even pregnant. The reality hasn't hit me yet that I was PG and then had an early miscarriage. The family we told is very kind and supportive. I am needing to move on today, but I just don't even know what to do with myself?! I am positive and am thinking we will have another successful pregnancy. Of course we want to try again as soon as possible!! I want to try even before I get AF, it sounds like every Dr has a different recommendation on whether to wait or not after a CP. I had bloody discharge on Sunday and again this morning, but nothing to heavy yet, it is not even collecting on a pad. I always loved to test early, but I don't know if I want to know anymore and will wait until 1 week after maybe? I don't know if that will help though because even if I did get that reassurance I could still miscarry. This is a very jumbled post, I guess I just needed to get all these thoughts out of my head! I am nursing my 1 year old still, so I am wondering if that could be a reason and I never even had AF. DH & I just decided to start TTC in July and must of O'd the end of July. Tips on accepting this and moving on, I want to stay busy with something so I don't think of it constantly. I hate the old mantra that time heals all, but it does. It is one of things that is so painful in these moments/days, but I want to look forward to our next possibility to try already! Thanks for letting me say my peace this morning.
Married: 9-25-09
BFP #1: 8-24-11 MMC: 8 weeks 6 days D&C
BFP #2: 12-9-11 Beautiful DD Born: 8-19-12
BFP #3: 8-22-13 Chemical Pregnancy: 4 weeks
BFP #4: 1-1-14 Praying Daily for H&H 9 Months
~Always Remembering our Angel Babies~

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Chemical Pregnancy - Just found out.

• I am so sorry for your loss. I am not sure of the actual definition of a chemical pregnancy but I was told by the nurse that my levels when it was confirmed (101) were too high for it to be a chemical pregnancy. Whether chemical or not it does not diminish the feelings of loss you are having. My levels dropped on Friday and it seems that the miscarraige is happening now. All I can say is that after the initial shock and upset I am coping a whole lot better now. Your doc should follow up with more beta testing to be sure your levels are dropping as they should. Best of luck and hope it happens for you next time and you don't have to wait too long.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you are able to move on and get pregnant very soon.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Maternity tickers

BFP#2 7/3/13.  U/S at 6w4d showed 1 heartbeat at 127 bmp and 2 empty sacs.  MMC discovered at 10w4d.  D&C 8/27/13.  Pathology showed normal boy.  Missing our babies every day.
    BFP#3 10/29/13!  Beta#1 at 4w5d - 2141, beta#2 at 5w1d - 7651!  U/S 11/21/13 showed baby measuring 2 days ahead with a heartbeat of 127 bmp!
  • Loading the player...
  • A chemical pregnancy is a early miscarriage that happens before a heartbeat is established. I've had two of them I'm so sorry. Xoxo
  • Thanks guys, we are moving forward. 
    Married: 9-25-09
    BFP #1: 8-24-11 MMC: 8 weeks 6 days D&C
    BFP #2: 12-9-11 Beautiful DD Born: 8-19-12
    BFP #3: 8-22-13 Chemical Pregnancy: 4 weeks
    BFP #4: 1-1-14 Praying Daily for H&H 9 Months
    ~Always Remembering our Angel Babies~

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards