Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

restaurant w/ baby?

My dad is CONSTANTLY trying to get me to go out to dinner, even though I'm broke and prefer to eat at home anyway.  Before DD was vaccinated, I would tell him that it wasn't safe for her and that I couldn't go out to dinner.  Now that she got her vaccinations, he keeps telling me I have no excuse.  Well, now I tell him that I don't have a chair for her to sit in at a restaurant.  She can't sit up on her own just yet and I would feel weird keeping her at the table in her carseat.  Does anyone know of a good chair to bring along to a restaurant or do you guys think leaving her in the carseat is ok?  (I"m a FTM, sometimes I don't know what I'm doing...)
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: restaurant w/ baby?

• Options
    use the car seat.
  • Options
    I just wear her at restaurants.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Car seat is fine. We've been going out since our LOs were a couple of weeks old. It's much easier when they are still in the infant carrier.
  • Options
    We've been out to eat several times since Lucas was born and always just leave him in his car seat. He usually fits next to me in the booth or some restaurants have a high chair type contraption that the car seat can sit in.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Thanks guys!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Use the car seat!

Once the baby is bigger, this is awesome and folds up small!

• Options
    I just wear baby. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I also try going to sidewalk cafes bc it's easy to just pull up stroller.. Good luck!
  • Options
    The car seat or stroller works great. We don't have a 'travel system' carseat so we got a very lightweight stroller so we'd have somewhere to put her down when we go out to eat. Which we've done almost every day since LO was two weeks.

Re: germs just don't let people touch the baby or breathe in their face.

If the baby gets fussy, nursing is by far the easiest way to shut them up so I frequently eat with one hand at restaurants. It's less disruptive than having my husband get up and walk around bouncing her to soothe her!

Going out to a restaurant is NBD, especially at this young age where they soothe easily. I hear it gets harder with toddlers! But regardless, if you really don't want to go, just tell your Dad to stuff it. You're allowed to establish boundaries and enforce them. No means no. You don't have to make excuses to your dad--just say no. If he pushes you, hang up the phone or leave the conversation!
  • Options
    We used a carseat until he was old enough to sit in a high chair. Does your dad pay when you go out to eat? If not, don't let him guilt you into going
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"