Babies on the Brain

Baby #2 debate

My husband and I have been discussing trying for another baby once our daughter turns 1.  The big points of discussion right now are my health, our living situation and our finances.  We are moving to California as there is where he is getting stationed for the next two and a half years.  He wants to make sure we get settled in before we start trying (understandable).  The biggest issue is my health.  I had a horrible birthing experience with our first daughter that left me in the hospital for two weeks and then had a nurse visiting me at home for a month after.  I have also been suffering with depression since my daughter.  I'm working on getting better but it's a slow process.  I want another baby, but I'm worried it's going to make me get worse.  Has anyone else had this issue (in anyway) and what is your advice?  I am open to any opinion as long as its positive.  Thank you in advance!
IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Baby #2 debate

• I had PPD for a year after having DS, it took another year to heal from it.  Then DS was Dx with Autism and we focused on him.  Now that he is 2.5 years old and in a routine (therapy, school), and we finally feel healed from the PPD, we are talking about another child.  I'm so glad that we have waited, we needed to focus on the 3 of us before thinking about changing the family dynamic.  I've always been a big believer of following your heart, if it doesn't feel right then don't force it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well my advice is to take some time to think about it.  I know it is scary to think about the depression getting worse, but I would talk to your Dr and maybe even a counselor.  This way you can recognize the early warning signs  and seek help.

• Loading the player...
  • I had PPD with my first and PP insomnia that I still battle 17 months later. The PPD has been gone for about 9 months and I am still terrified to have another. I tried to look deeper than the initial feeling of wanting more. I decided that I am content with our family of three and to stop always looking for the next step. If in a year or four we decide we want another then fine but for now we are one and done. My doctor did warn me I would be very high risk for the PPD if we have a second.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"