February 2013 Moms
Options

recommend your baby must haves!

I am helping my sister in law register this weekend and want to poll this awesome board for some suggestions. For example, I dont like my infant car seat (peg perego) so I am trying to get some other suggestions to give her. Also i love my stroller (uppa baby vista) but i think its too expensive/cumbersome for her, so what stroller do you have/love? Would love to hear your top 2/3 items we must throw on this registry! Mine include:
-rock n play sleeper

-swing

-medela freestyle double electric pump / accessories

-any jumparoo

-aden & anais blankets and sleep sacks

Thanks for the help ladies!

Re: recommend your baby must haves!

• Options
    I love the snap n go stroller frame for the first few months (I have the double version). Definitely rock n plays!
  • Options
    A third vote for Rock n Play - don't think we would have survived without it!

A bouncer - even a cheapie. Great to tote around room to room!

An activity gym - we loved the Kick & Play gym by Fisher Price - DS is still playing with it now because the piano part flips up and it becomes a great toy for sitting babies!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I LOVE my kick and play piano mat. E is totally entertained. I also loved my swings this time around. It was really great to have another place to put baby down. lastly E Only likes his Aden and Anais blankets. We had a fleece winter Halo sack as a free gift from the hospital that was a godsend.

My splurge item was my stroller. I have the City Mini by Baby Jogger. Totally worth every penny. I created a registry for E because the majority of our family lives very far away and that way they could see what we needed. Only it backfired and no one bought anything off the registry.

We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    -Bouncy seat. Since DD can't sit unassisted consistently without toppling over, we still use the bouncy seat if I need to set her down for a few minutes. We rarely actually turn the vibration on; we just use it as a portable seat. I've probably used that more than anything else.
    -Kick and play piano mat.
    -We have a Jeep stroller. I didn't even know Jeep made strollers, but we found ours at Walmart. It was only $50. It's lightweight and smaller than a lot of other full size strollers, but still has an adjustable seat, cup holders, and a basket underneath for storage. I've gotten several compliments on it.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Options
    of course the rock n play

piyo baby nail scissors
    halo sleep sack swaddle
    disposable changing pad covers
    microwave sanitizing bags

and I LOVE my Uppababy Vista

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Definitely the kick n play piano and jumperoo - two things I didn't register for and went out to buy. Best purchases so far.
    Also sleep sacks/swaddles, Aden and Anais blankets and bouncy seat.
    As for car seats I have the snugride 30 and love it but I wish I registered for the 40 instead so we wouldn't have to switch so soon!
  • Options
    And yes to the sleep sheep!
  • Options
    Ergo
    bouncy seat (we have a really simple one that I just use to put the baby in when I take a shower or work in the kitchen)

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    Some type of wrap and some type of white noise maker. Both will make the first few months MUCH easier and both help with fussing/colic!
  • Options
    Rock n' Play

A and A blankets (great for nursing as well)

white noise soother

monitor

BOB stroller
  • Options

Some type of wrap and some type of white noise maker. Both will make the first few months MUCH easier and both help with fussing/colic!

Oh yes i forgot the white noise. I forget what mine is called but its a plush lamb that you can strap to a crib side and plays either heartbeat, rain, ocean waves, or something else. E is napping on me our i would go look at it.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    TamaraR4 said:
    Oh yes i forgot the white noise. I forget what mine is called but its a plush lamb that you can strap to a crib side and plays either heartbeat, rain, ocean waves, or something else. E is napping on me our i would go look at it.

I actually just use an air purifier. Dual purpose that way! I also have a little travel Homedics mybaby soundspa for the stroller or travel ($10).
  • Options
    DS loves the Ergo, and it definitely made shopping trips much, much easier.
    A swing. We had a whole new way of life when we got ours. We bought it second hand from a friend, and DS loves it. On daycare days he still comes home and naps in it while I get all unloaded and settled from the day. We went the first six weeks without it, and looking back, I probably would have been way less of a basket case during the newborn phase if I had it from go.
  • Options
    Swing- DD still likes alone time in it
    Sophie the Giraffee - she is obsessed
    SwaddleMe swaddles - they were the best. I HATED the halo swaddle sleep sacks. I could never get the swaddle part right on those.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Options
    Ergo/moby
    A&A blankets
    I love my peg perego infant seat
    Bouncy seat of some kind
  • Options
    Definitely rock n play!  Love that thing.  Also I think all of my other favs were mentioned:
    • A&A blankets - fab for everything
    • Carrier (used the moby at first, mei tai from like 7 weeks and boba starting around 14 weeks)
    • Sophie is great, especially now that she has a binky clip around her neck so I can clip her to DD or her seat and not have to worry about Sophie being on the floor all the time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

things I couldn't have lived without:

*receiving blankets

*bouncers & swing

*sleep sacks, she still pretty much lives in them! they're so easy to put on and take off!

*her baby bath, it's one that the water can come up through instead of filling one up so it was a lot easier

*now that she's older, she loves things she can move around with her legs or jump in and the toys on them keep her busy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"