August 2012 Moms
Options

Bottles?

I'm still giving 2 a day of milk. I've tried the straw sip cup but they get upset and I want them to finish their milk. Frankly I love the night bottle, it's comforting. My ped wanted them off by 12 months. Is anyone else not rushing?

Re: Bottles?

• Options
    DD was on sippies until she had a freak out after her shots and regressed back to bottles. I'm not worried about it. She'll get back there in time. Also, I'll still use a bottle for her bedtime feeding even after she gets back on the sippies. I don't understand what the big rush is.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imagethe-dude-with-a-white-russian
  • Options
    DD2 is still on her bedtime bottle. I'm ok with it. She'll drop it when she is ready. DD1 was on bottles until she was 15 months. Her teeth, speech, etc are fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    M just just just switched over to sippies about a week ago. She likes the regular sippies better than the straw ones because she likes to lay down and drink them just like she would a bottle.
    Honestly, don't stress about it. I have never met a permanently scarred adult because they had a bottle past one year. Your LO will get the hang of it over night. No worries.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Not rushing here - my oldest had his for awhile and he's fine.
    WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog
  • Options

I wanted to wait until after her 12 month appointment to start the transition to a sippy. 

Last week we were on vacation and I offered WCM in a sippy.  DD would take a sip or two of milk from her sippy and that's about all.  Now were back home and she normally gets 3 bottles (4 oz each) with the sitter ... so I've been sending 2 bottles (BM mixed with WCM) and one sippy of WCM.  She still hasn't taken much from the sippy (literally just a sip or two), but at least I know she's still getting some milk in her bottles (BM and WCM mixed).  I also BF when we are together. 

I was hoping it would be a quiker transition (just because I'm also weaning from the pump and want to be done with pumping and bottles), but it looks like it might take a little longer than I had origioanlly planned.  I'm telling myself not to stress, but I am a little stressed out by it.  My pedi didn;t say one way or another when I should have her weaned from the botte ... she asked what my plan was, and I told her.  She said that seemed reasonable ... but now that its not going 100% as planned, I'm not sure what my "new goal" is to be done with the bottles.  I'm hoping I can be done with the bottles before her 15 month appointment, and hopefully by that time too, she'll be taking more than a few sips of WCM from her sippy. 

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    100% bottles here. If I give her milk in a sippy or straw cup, she cries and throws it on the floor. Won't drink a bit of it. My pedi said keep offering and try to get her off bottles by 18mos.
  • Options
    ccamccam member

DS does sippys during the day but still has a bottle first thing in the am and before bed.  We were transitioning slowly, he got sick and I'm not pushing it.  Once he's better and ready for it, we'll start taking away those 2 bottles.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    We're still doing one at night. 
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"