Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

How did you handle telling your kids about loss?

I hope this is ok to ask...if its not, please accept my apologies and i will delete.

My oldest is only 5. Part of me wants to tell her about the losses...the other part thinks she may be too young. I don't want to scare her or make her sad, but the part that wants to tell her wants to be honest with her.

Any advice on how you handled this?
DD 6/17/08, DD 6/9/10, DD 12/15/11
BFP 5/24/13 - Natural MC 6/7/13
BFP 8/13/13 - Natural MC 8/27/13
Ovarian Mass = removal of left ovary & tube 9/13
BFP 4/24/14 - Tubal Pregnancy 5/7/14
Removal of  ruptured right tube 5/8/14
IVF or adoption??

Re: How did you handle telling your kids about loss?

• Maybe just make it really simple for her?  Tell her mommy and daddy are sad because they were hoping to give her a sibling and that sibling had to go to heaven instead?  We told our DD that we lost the baby, but since she's 19 months she didn't get it at all.  I'm so sorry for your loss.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Maternity tickers

BFP#2 7/3/13.  U/S at 6w4d showed 1 heartbeat at 127 bmp and 2 empty sacs.  MMC discovered at 10w4d.  D&C 8/27/13.  Pathology showed normal boy.  Missing our babies every day.
    BFP#3 10/29/13!  Beta#1 at 4w5d - 2141, beta#2 at 5w1d - 7651!  U/S 11/21/13 showed baby measuring 2 days ahead with a heartbeat of 127 bmp!
  • My daughter is 10, when I found out I was pregnant I was excited but cautiously excited. I had a weird feeling about it, erry almost. We told our DD and I explained in gentle, kid friendly terms that sometimes the babies go to heaven and the doctors most of the time don't know why it happens. She asked a few more questions and was satisfied with what I explained .Fast forward to the miscarriage, she was sad when I told her but also I think seeing me sad bugged her more. You will know the right thing to say to your DD
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"