3rd Trimester

Is this a common symptom?

edited August 2013 in 3rd Trimester
My feet/ankles get tingly pretty often when im sitting.  Does this mean I need to put my feet up?  Or is it just a normal thing, nothing to worry about?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is this a common symptom?

• I had that too...in third tri only. It happened when I was sitting from a higher stool most of the time - so my legs were elongated more. I also had this symptom during times when it was hotter out and happened to be on my feet most of the day. Then, Id go to sit at my island with the high stool and BOOM tingly feet/ankles. Im 40+w pregnant and the symptoms went away a couple weeks ago - recently it hasnt been as a hot though here in NJ. The symptom came and went. Anyway, I tried to elevate my legs and massage them during those times. Nothing to worry about, just something to deal with I suppose! Feel better!
  • Sounds like a circulation issue, but I'm not familiar in that dept. so I'd take it to your doctor non-emergently. 

I get a tingly feeling in the lower middle of my chest (top of uterus) when I lean a certain way. 
    VOTE on my Name List
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My feet will randomly start tingling also and I have found that it's just a circulation and swelling issue.  It's usually when I'm sitting but has also happened when standing/walking in certain shoes (like flip flops).  For me, it's only happened in the third trimester and as a PP noted, it's worse when it's hot out.  On the hottest days of summer, the tingling has even gone up to my lower shins but thankfully it's been much cooler the last few weeks here in CT.  Elevating them and drinking water resolves it for me but if it continues for you or you begin to have other symptoms, definitely call your doctor!  

Pregnancy Ticker

• I would try putting your feet up to see if that helps. It definitely sounds like it could be a circulation issue or maybe your feet are swelling some which elevating them would help. If it persists call your OB.
  • I just spoke with my doc about this today since I'm getting tingly hands and feet randomly. She said as far as the hands are concerned, it is pressure on an upper portion of your spine. She also said that if baby is sitting on the sciatica that it can bring numbness to your feet. My doc suggested getting down on my hands and knees (like doggy style! lol) and that it could help relieve some of the pressure off the sciatica and help to reposition baby.
    BFP 11/20/2012. Missed MC on 12/26/2012.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes, put your feet up and chug water. If you are swollen then that's probably the reason and that should help. Talk to your OB to make sure it isn't a high BP issue it if you get other symptoms along with the swelling. If it's sciatic nerve issues, I totally agree with PP that said to get on all fours to relieve pressure, it kind of realigns everything even if it's only temporarily.

Swelling as well as nerve pain are totally common, especially in third tri. I think the best cure is going to be delivery, lol.
  • Thanks, my BP has been great this whole pregnancy.  But I do have a hard time remembering to stay hydrated.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"