Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

First Miscarriage

Okay, so a lot of this might be TMI but I really need some advice so here's my story.
I was 9 weeks pregnant and last tuesday I went to the ER because I had started bleeding. They wrote it off like it was nothing, took my levels and said they were good, found a uti infection, called it a threatened miscarriage and said to come back in two days to get my levels checked again. still bleeding two days later I went they checked my levels and they had doubled which sent me into tears of joy. unfortunately that didn't last long because I miscarried the very next day. when it happened I lost a LOT of blood. what came out at first was huge so I'm assuming that was the baby? Sac? whatever it's called? I bled and passed a lot of stuff really bad for about two hours and was going to go to the ER but the bleeding slowed down so I decided not to. I did not have an OB yet so I called the ER and spoke to the nurse and explained the situation. I was told what the signs of infection were and to come in if I soaked more than a pad an hour, and I never did so I didn't go. She also mentioned that I would need a DNC if I did not pass everything but to wait a week or so and take a pregnancy test and if it came back negative then that means everything is gone and I won't need a DNC, is this true? I trust her because she is a nurse but at the same time I don't want to take any chances. Any advice would be helpful. I am hoping that it is true because I don't have a GP nor the money to go and can no longer get medicaid because I am no longer pregnant. 

Re: First Miscarriage

• First I am so so sorry for your loss. Last week I had a MC and passed the placenta and the gestational sac. That sounds like what you passed but it could have also been a blood clot. I bled alot in the days following and the day of the MC had an ultrasound and they confirmed that I passed everything at home so no D&C would be needed. you could POAS and if you get a positive it just means that some HCg is still in your system. Again so sorry for your loss, this board has been great for me during this time.
  • Thank you for your reply! I know I might catch a bunch of crap for it but I really can't go to the doctor for a scan to confirm that I passed everything. Working college student with no money :( That's why I'm hoping the pregnancy test thing is true. However if it is still positive after a certain amount of time or if I show any signs of infection I guess I will have to go to the ER again, maybe they will do a scan, but they are the ones who told me not to come in and that if the test was negative then I passed everything, so I don't know :( This is so hard. I wanted to be going to an ultrasound to hear my baby's heartbeat not to see if it's all gone :(
  • Loading the player...
  • I understand completely. Tomorrow was supposed to be my first scan, I would have been 9 weeks today. I lost my baby at 8 weeks. I wonder if planned parenthood would help you out with a U/S it never hurts to ask, the worse they could say is no. If you show any signs of infection just go to the ER, screw what they said initially, taking care of yourself is very important. Hope you find some answers soon
  • thank you I will. and I am sorry for your loss as well.
  • thank you so much. does anyone have any advice as to when the cramping will stop? for two days after i miscarried and they were REALLY bad, like contractions. they have slowed down a lot, went from being every few minutes if not sooner all day and all night, to just a few a day now and MUCH less severe. I just want it all to stop, it's just a constant reminder :( This was my first pregnancy ever and I was so excited after being terrified because i haven't finished college and I had just asked my friend to be the godfather only a few hours before it happened. and to you other ladies I am sorry for your loss as well. I wish none of us had to share this pain.
  • thank you guys, it helps having someone who knows what you are going through, people who haven't been through it just don't know what to say or have any advice. I'm glad they don't know, wouldn't wish it on anyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"