Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Road trip

Traveling 7 hours with a two month old. Any thoughts on how to keep her entertained ?

Re: Road trip

• Does she sleep in the car? Mine will sleep until its time to eat, then well stop and BF them and then they'll sleep again once we get back on the road. There isn't much to entertain them with at this point.

• Does a 2 month old need entertaining?  I think mine was satisfied with looking out the window at that age. One of us rode in the back for long trips at that point, but now with 2 kids and no spare room in the back, LO will be on his own.
    This.  Haven't done a road trip at two months (obviously) but this past weekend we did a 4 hour trip and we just put him in the carseat and drove.  When he got fussy we'd either pull over and feed him or, if he'd just eaten, put a pacifier in his mouth and turn on the white noise machine.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Loading the player...
  • She's 2 months old, how much entertainment do you assume she'll need? Our LO is plenty entertained just by things flying by the window, or ends up sleeping. 
    imageimage
    Anniversary

• Just wanted to see because as the FTM never traveled with an infant not really sure what she may have needed
  • You should be fine with no entertainment. She'll just look out the window and sleep as PP. Good Luck!

• I went on a six hour trip with mine. I made the mistake of traveling after his two month appointment (shots) - don't do that! But the ride back was fine. Stopped twice for a change and a feed, and he slept the rest of the time.
  • My son still sleeps through most of the car ride (we've been taking 4 hour trips once a weeks since we were released from the hospital and are fixing to make a 7hour trip ourselves) but when he is awake foot/wrist rattles help....any bright colorful patters you could fix to the back of the seat or a mirror...and anything musical

• We are doing the same this weekend, thankfully only 4 hours. I'm going to pack some pumped milk and try and feed him en route if he gets real fussy between feedings (likes to cluster feed/fussy in the evenings and that's when he'll be on the road). We had a little mirror he likes to look at himself as some hand rattles...thankfully he just discovered his hand this week so he'll hopefully suck on his hand too.
    photo df66db4a-fa98-43a8-9785-a437ac2b779f_zpsbd91495c.jpg
  • We're doing this this weekend too. Eeek.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We Travel four hours every weekend with our three month baby and she loves looking out side when we go down the road..
  • We left super early in the morning while it was still dark and she slept most of the way. Such a good baby. Stopped twice to feed and change diapers but that was it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"