August 2012 Moms
Options

Leaving baby overnight

skoozskooz member
edited August 2013 in August 2012 Moms
So we're planning to have a night out/away soon, but I'm already wanting to back out because I've never left DD overnight. Have you been away from your LO overnight?  Oops, forgot to add special snowflake. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Leaving baby overnight 76 votes

Yes, we've been apart overnight.
47% 36 votes
Not just overnight, we've been apart for a few days. Mama needs a break!
7% 6 votes
No, how could I leave my precious baby for more than a couple hours!?
44% 34 votes

Re: Leaving baby overnight

• Options
    I'm SS. I think we'd be ready for an overnight but don't have anyone we trust to do one. MIL might come out and we might spend a night at the shore or somewhere. H fantasizes about the uninterrupted sex and I fantasize about taking an ambien and sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping. 
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options
    I voted no but it's not because I'm too scared to leave DS, it's just I haven't had a good reason to leave him. We are planning a vacation in the next month or so and will be leaving him for about a week.  I'm nervous as hell but excited at the same time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been away from her overnight once. I left her with my Mom. DH and I are planning a short getaway (1 night) for our 2 year anniversary at the beginning of October.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I voted yes, though it was hours I wouldn't see him anyway. I went out after work wih my girls, and stayed at someone's house because I was so drunk. SO picked me up
    At like 7am.
  • Options
    I have not left DD overnight yet.  We really haven't had any opportunities to go anywhere overnight.  No one has gotten married out of town, we haven't had any family shindigs out of town, we just really haven't had a reason.  I'm sure we will eventually, but it doesn't bother me that we haven't. 
    imagethe-dude-with-a-white-russian
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! I think it's hitting me a little harder because DH was gone for half of her first year so there was A LOT of just me and DD time. And we're still BFing. Not sure how that's going to play out. We're leaving her with my in-laws and I totally trust them, but they aren't her mama.
  • Options
    ccamccam member
    Both DH and I have been away from DS separately. I don't know at what point we'll leave him overnight. There hasn't really been a need for it yet.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    I've been away (for work, frequently) and DH has been away (for work once and a funeral once), but we haven't been away together. In 6 weeks we are flying the in-laws cross-country so we can go away alone for a long weekend. We would have done it already if we had any family nearby.
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • Options
    Not only have I not left DS2 overnight, the only time I have been away from DS1 overnight was when I was in the hospital having DS2!  It was only at that point that I realized I would be ok leaving DS1, but then I had a newborn and we all know how realistic it is to leave a newborn.  Now, DS2 is a super mommy's boy who loses his mind as soon as I walk in the room if I've been away even for a moment.  
    image image image
  • Options

I think I would be SS. We haven't left S overnight, but totally would if we had the chance.

Ditto! I voted no but only because there's no one within 6hrs of us that we could leave her with. We're flying cross country in October to deposit DD with my in-laws and get away for 3 nights without her. I'm already nervous! If we had the chance to leave her with someone for 1 night, I would jump on it.
  • Options
    We have left D overnight at both grandparents houses several times. My ILs live a mile down the road and my mom is about 30 minutes away. They are all amazing caregivers. D was fine and actually slept for longer chunks of time at both houses. D will stay with my mom for 2 nights in September while the ILs, H, and I go to a wedding OOT.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    I voted more than a night, because we just did 2 nights away last month. Honestly, I have left him overnight with my mom about once every to or three weeks since he was 6 weeks old. It was hard the first time, and evn now I am always excited to see him when I go to pick him up, but it is nice to just get away a bit. Sometimes we head up to Toronto for the night ( about an hour and a half away), but sometimes we just do dinner and drinks here. I am really lucky that my mom is more than happy to keep him and has no social life at night, lol.
    image image
  • Options
    I have left LO twice. The first time was strictly a sanity saver since I was practically delirious from sleep deprivation when she was about 3 months old. LO also stayed with my ILs for my birthday in July. Depending in the status of my FET, DH and I may go overnight for our anniversary in November.
    We are very fortunate to live very close to very caring and trustworthy relatives.
    TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I voted yes, but am really more of an ss. We were apart two nights while i was in the hospital for my appendix. I would not have left him overnight yet if i had had a choice. I have only been away from my three year old when ds was born and for my appendix. But no judgment for anyone who is comfortable with it!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My parent's, DH and the five kids flew home Friday.  I am in Canada for a funeral until Tuesday.  August long weekend the big girls and I went to a wedding, and left the three little ones with my parents.
    The hardest part about this trip is, my big girls start school tomorrow morning.  My mom is going to spam me with pictures of the girls.  It is the first time I am missing the first day of school
  • Options
    We've definitely been apart 1 night, but I think there's been 2 also, I can't remember. Usually my parents or my inlaws. But in November I have a wedding in VA and we live in pa, so I have to leave him with the inlaws and his 19year old aunt for 3-4 nights. Nervous/excited. I've known since I was pregnant. They can't wait... But that's a long time lol. I know he will be in good hands.
    Shane 8/19/12 Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    I picked no, but I would if he wasn't nursing and I had reliable help. I could easily get someone to watch him for a few hours, but overnight would be a challenge.

And besides, I don't have anywhere to go. Lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It seems I am in the minority.  We have left DD the following times:

1. One night in November (with BIL and SIL) so we could sleep, get practice being away from DD, and they could bet some baby practice.

2.  One night in December with my parents because DH and I had the flu so bad we couldn't take care of her.  (That wasn't exactly a fun night out.)

3.  Two nights in June to attend a wedding up north.

4.  Three nights in July to attend/be in a wedding in Kentucky.

None of these were really "mama needs a break" except the first one.  They were more "mom and dad have other commitments."  She's saying with various relatives for a week next June because DH is in another wedding, this time in Colorado.
  • Options
    I have for one night for business so not by choice. I'm more open to leaving now but I have major mommy guilt about leaving him in the mornings so I know it will be hard to do but my dh and I need a night away together so we are thinking my bday in November.
  • Options
    I've left him overnight numerous times because of work. DH and I also did one overnight stay in a local hotel back in late January. That was back when we had a nanny and she was living with us for a few weeks.

We're leaving him for 5 nights in October when we go to Puerto Rico.
  • Options
    I am ss. The only time we have left A overnight was when I was in the hospital in l&d with his little brother. Otherwise I wouldn't have. We probably won't for a couple of years.
    imageimage
  • Options
    we've not yet but its more because i'm still pumping. no fun going romantic places and having to lug that around, but i'm almost done. went 22 hours w/o now so hoping this is the end. 
    10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • Options
    M has stayed overnight with my ILs twice and is again this Friday. Unwonted think you need to go somewhere to do it - we just stay at home and enjoy the peace and quiet, lol. We also use the time to deep clean the house, spend time with the dogs, and sleep of course :). ILs only live a few miles away. DD will spend a few days at my parents' house in October while we attend a wedding that I'm in. They live 3 hours away and haven't gotten to keep her overnight yet so I'm a little nervous but excited that she'll get that time with them.

• Options
    oh, once i;m done pumping we're going to start working on the away overnight thing some because next year is our 10th anniversary and dh wants to go somewhere for a week. we'll leave her at our house with MIL
    10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • Options
    I didn't vote cause I'm a NO, but not because I can't leave him.  We just haven't had the money to get away and I just recently stopped nursing MOTN about a month ago.

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

• Options
    I haven't left either of them, except DS when I was in the hospital having DD. It's been a combination of having nowhere to go, no money to afford a trip, DH's extremely busy schedule, and nursing, with DD refusing to take a bottle. We may be able to make something happen this fall at some point though.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"