Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Q about post-MC AF

Hello!  I took a step back from this board for a few weeks while I was working on coming out of my post-miscarriage fog.  I've been feeling much better and don't think about the miscarriage I experienced mid-July nearly as much.  While I am definitely not "over it," I've figured out ways to work through it and be a happier person.

That aside, I have some questions regarding post-mc AF:  How long did it take for the real AF to show up?  How did you know it was AF vs. continued mc bleeding?  If you were following your hCG levels, did your AF coincide with hitting zero?

I have had some sort of bleeding nearly every 2 weeks since the start of my mc (though it's all been relatively light, with only small amounts of clotting since the week of the mc).  I thought that I had experienced my first post-mc AF two weeks ago (right when my hCG had dropped from 200 to 58), but it was just very light and only 3 days long.  This morning I woke up to what seems to be a full-fledged AF, cramps and frequent tampon changes included.  I have another beta blood draw in a few days and I'm guessing that I am now down to zero, or very close to it.  I hope this is the true end to the worst experience ever, and that I can really start TTC again now that I've got one full cycle behind me.

BFP#1 6/27/13  EDD 3/5/14  MC 7/16/13
BFP#2 11/25/13  EDD 8/4/14

It's a BOY!

Baby Blog

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Q about post-MC AF

• My doctor hasn't been monitoring my levels at all but I'm quite sure this is my first period post D&E.  It arrived 4 weeks after my procedure.  Frequent tampon changes is a great way to put it.  I am hoping it levels off after this round or I might have to buy stock in tampons.  I hope your levels are down to zero so you can begin TTC again.  Good luck!
  • My understanding is that you can get AF prior to your HCG being below 3.  My first post-MC AF started when my HCG was about 12 and when my AF stopped my HCG was 4 (10 days later).

BPF May 12, 2013 :: EDD Janaury 22, 2013 :: MC Began On July 14, 2013 at 12W4D

Born at 34w2d:

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I am at 0 already. It's only been 1 week since I started bleeding and only 1 day since I stopped bleeding. No AF here yet. I've never wanted AF to come so badly though. I just want this be over with and we can start ttc I feel like at least ttc will help me in healing, even though I wish I didn't have to.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP 08/14/13 EDD 04/18/14 Natural MC 08/19/13
    BFP 10/15/13 EDD 06/24/2014 Natural MC 10/23/13
    Recurrent Miscarriage Panel done 11/06/13. Results= All normal
    BFP 12/2/13 EDD July 30, 2014
    Beta 12/3/13: 19,261!
    U/S 12/13/13 heart rate 143 bpm!

My Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards