Blended Families

Meet the world's worst cook...(NBFR)

ambrvanambrvan member
edited August 2013 in Blended Families
If it doesn't involve baked chicken, it will come to ruin in my kitchen. I can seriously set fire to anything, turn any microwave- or oven-safe dish into smoking, melted gunk, and fill a house with smoke seconds. There is nothing on the market yet that is safe from me!

The latest escapade... I tried to bake something on wax paper in the oven. Isn't wax paper oven safe? Well not here it isn't! There was smoke rolling out of the oven and even the kids ran to see what was burning...

No wonder dinner time can be a hassle. I bet my food tastes terrible!

Re: Meet the world's worst cook...(NBFR)

• Wax paper doesn't go in the oven. You need parchment paper. Do you have a crock pot? It's nearly impossible to burn anything in one.

"Man, be creative. Like the stuff you do. Do nice things. Love respectfully. Laugh a fucking lot. Curse when you feel like it. Life is cool." - Jean Grae

image image
    M (3/9/02) and E (2/28/12)

• Lmao I put wax paper in the oven just a few months ago and I'm so happy to hear I'm not the only one. I had never heard of parchment paper until then.
    utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Getting Pregnant">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah I did that too and learned the difference.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Sorry you ruined dinner...at least you learned no wax paper in ovens. No aluminum foil in microwaves either :) 

Ditto to the crockpot...lots of great recipes and it's virtually impossible to ruin something in them. 
  • Glad I am not the only one.

I called my grandmother afterward and asked her, and she told me about the parchment paper. I always thought they were the same thing.

And yeah, I have a bad habit of putting metal in the microwave without realizing it. Lol

I do have a crockpot and I love it. But I always have trouble getting started early enough. And I hate washing it because it is so awkward in the sink.
  • Thanks. Clean up is the whole reason I tried putting wax paper in the oven. Lol
  • if wax paper isn't supposed to go in the oven, wtf do you use it for??
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just looked this up because I did not know.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wax_paper
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"