Baby Showers

Wedding invite question

Obviously this one is NBSR based on the subject. Long story short: DH and I are invited to a wedding for college friends a month-ish after EDD. The wedding is about 2 hrs from where we live (driving). The invite was addressed to just the two of us, so I'm assuming LO is not invited. I'm on the fence about it because the couple has a toddler so I'm assuming the event will not be child free. They do know we're expecting and will the baby by then, just to be clear. Am I correct that the invite is for DH and me only? (I have a feeling I'm really overthinking this) Thanks for your input!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic               
Anniversary
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Best Answers

Answers

• Loading the player...
  • baconface said:
    Also.... are you sure YOU are going to want to go? Even if you have the kid on your due date, you'll be 4 weeks postpartum. I am going to be  FTM, so I don't know for sure, but I can't imagine I'd be all excited to gussy up and go to a wedding 2 hours away.  Also, what if you have your kid like 2 weeks late?  

If it were me, I think I'd just send DH alone and stay home with baby.
    Good point.  I ended up having an unplanned c-section.  I did go on my first major outing at 4 weeks but I don't think I could have handled a wedding

• Yes, with late delivery being possible, the baby could just be 2-3 weeks old and you still physically recovering. So, you may not be as up to going to the wedding as right now you think you will be. But what do I know, I'm a pregnant FTM, I'm just going off of what I've heard others say.
  • Thanks for your help. RSVPs are due right at my due date. I plan to wait until close to that point to respond. With a family history of going late, I may not even need to worry about if LO is welcome and can just decline.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic               
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"