Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Intro & babies everywhere

Hello, I have been a lurker for a long time and think it is time to introduce myself. I had my first BFP in May. We were pretty excited to have our first baby. I had a SCH at 7 weeks and my OB noticed my uterus was heart shaped at 9 weeks. First tri was not fun, as I had no energy and was on pelvic rest. I was so excited around 14 weeks because I was finally feeling better and my bump popped.  I found out at my 16 week appointment on Aug 5th that I had just lost our baby only a few days earlier. I had my D&E on the 9th and was back at work on the 12th. I knew going back to work would be terrible, as I work in a small office and there are two other pregnant ladies. On my second day back, one of my co-workers had her baby. So my office has been baby crazy since. I can't turn on the TV, check facebook, go to work, or go out in public without seeing babies or pregnant women. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE! I swear I didn't see this many a few weeks ago. I try so hard not to get emotional and I thought it would get easier as time passes. It has been two weeks since my D&E and I still tear up when I see or hear about babies. I am still a wreck. Am I just overly emotional or can I still blame the hormones?

So, how long did it take you to stop being overly emotional when you see a baby or pregnant lady?

BFP 5.19.13 EDD 1.18.14 M/C at 16 weeks 
We will hold you in our hearts until we can hold you in our arms in Heaven.
BFP #2 12.28.14 EDD 8.26.15
Praying for our rainbow!

Re: Intro & babies everywhere

• Options
    First I am so sorry for your loss. I don't think you are being overly emotional at all, it's only been two weeks. I think it varies person to person and how the grieve or if they even allow themselves to grieve properly. Take time for yourself, do something special to memorialize your little baby. I miscarried on Monday and I am having up days and down days. This weeked we are planting flowers in memory of our baby who we named Dakota. It might help if you do something similar, take care of yourself and visit the board often, it helps so much! Also visit these websites they have helped me!- stillstandingmag.com and carlymarieprojectheal.com

Many hugs to you!!!!
  • Options
    I also miscarried Monday, and I have found that staying really busy helps me, so that i dont dwell on it. I bought a memorial necklace so that when I want to, I can hold onto it and remember our baby. Everyone grieves differently and everyone heals on their on time. I think that people expect that we should heal faster, but we lost a child and no one would expect a mother who lost a baby who had been born to be ok immediately, why shouldn't we have the time to grieve also? I am so sorry for your loss.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP 08/14/13 EDD 04/18/14 Natural MC 08/19/13
    BFP 10/15/13 EDD 06/24/2014 Natural MC 10/23/13
    Recurrent Miscarriage Panel done 11/06/13. Results= All normal
    BFP 12/2/13 EDD July 30, 2014
    Beta 12/3/13: 19,261!
    U/S 12/13/13 heart rate 143 bpm!

My Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@MrsRusty14 - I am so sorry for your loss. I do not think you are being overly emotional. I think your feelings and emotions are completely normal. I cannot imagine the pain you felt going back to work, coping with your miscarriage, and having those around you be pregnant. Take time to heal, and allow yourself to have a bad day. I think we all do. I know I do.

A quote I saw on a recent post - Grief is a symptom of love. Grief is natural and normal. Grief is healing. Grief has no time limit.

BFP #1 - 7/24/2013 (EDD: 3/31/2014) - mmc 8/12/13 - D&C 8/15/2013

BFP #2 - 3/6/2014 (EDD 11/14/2014) - Beta #1 (17dpo): 1400 - Beta #2 (19dpo): 3170

PGAL/PAL Welcome | My FF Chart  

• Options
    I am so sorry for what you are going through. Do not feel like your are the only one who has anger towards babies. I have given up Facebook for a while. Ever since I got the news last week, my friends' Facebook statuses have been more baby stuff than I feel comfortable seeing for a while. With time, it will get easier or that's what I keep telling myself at least.
  • Options
    Almost all of my friends are pregnant right now. At least three are due when my first loss was due. Now there are at least two due when this baby would have been due. I don't know how I'm going to handle being around any of them...at least for a little bit.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Be gracious with yourself and let yourself grieve. It's hard enough dealing with loss...having daily reminders makes it harder. Prayers and hugs.
    DD 6/17/08, DD 6/9/10, DD 12/15/11
    BFP 5/24/13 - Natural MC 6/7/13
    BFP 8/13/13 - Natural MC 8/27/13
    Ovarian Mass = removal of left ovary & tube 9/13
    BFP 4/24/14 - Tubal Pregnancy 5/7/14
    Removal of  ruptured right tube 5/8/14
    IVF or adoption??
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss, I just posted about the same thing... I thought it was just me! I feel so selfish not wanting to be around my friends...If you hear something that works well for you let me know...I just don't know how to handle all these pregnancies either...
  • Options
    Are u telling people that you ha a miscarriage when they start talking about babies? Very few people in our lives know right now, and they are the ones that won't be bringing up anything about babies. It's all the other people that don't know who will say something. I don't know if I should just announce it so they leave me alone or let it go.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"