August 2012 Moms

Kitchen! (Followup to "I'm insane")

abbyfulabbyful member
edited August 2013 in August 2012 Moms
Followup to https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12040225/i-m-insane

Done in time for LO's birthday party tomorrow! 

Here's the complete before & after of everything we've done so far in our kitchen in the past couple years. The back-splash was the latest,just finished yesterday! I know it's not a super fancy remodel, but for only spending ~$1,000-1,500, I think we've done okay!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Kitchen! (Followup to "I'm insane")

• that looks awesome.  great job!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So pretty!!!! What a difference!
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow! Amazing job! It's so pretty.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Huge difference!! Love it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I love it! It looks so much brighter with the light cabinets. You did a great job.
    100_7533(1) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That looks amazing! Great re-do. Glad it done in time for the party!
    image image
  • I am in love with your table and benches!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nice! It looks like you made the most with your budget. I love it!
  • Looks great!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• What an adorable kitchen! You made a big impact from what it looked like before!!

• abbyfulabbyful member
    edited August 2013
    Thanks everyone! :)

It looks great! Did you repaint your old cabinets and put new hardware on them? It makes such a difference! Really brightens the whole space! I love the backsplash!
    Yep, we didn't want to put money into new cabinets, so we did paint and new hardware.

We don't love our house and plan to sell in a couple years, so right now we're in "make it look less crappy for cheap" mode. (Doing everything ourselves, and constantly scouting clearance at Lowes and Home Depot.) Fixing things that are really glaringly outdated to look a little better. 

Can't see on this picture, but we also replaced the blinds on the 3 windows by the table, and replaced a horribly outdated ceiling fan.

New vs old blinds. We've replaced all the blinds in the house, they were all crappy like this. I also like that the new ones don't have a string for kids/pets to choke themselves on.

Fan replacement. (And I hate the popcorn ceiling, but that's a project I really don't want to do!)

This was the reverse of the old fan blades. When's the last time that was popular?! Yuck!

Our house was built in the 70s, and there's a lot of stuff I don't think has been updated since then! When we bought the house,we thought it would be fun to fix stuff up. Now we're just doing it out of necessity to be able to sell it in the future. Our next house will NOT be a fixer-upper!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

• @abbyful my H thinks its would be fun to buy a fixer upper. Me, not so much.
    I love all the updates! Great job :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Great job!  It looks so much brighter too.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• ccamccam member
    So much brighter! Great job.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• looks great! :)
  • Wow looks so much brighter and "fresh"! Love it. 

• awesome job!!!!!
    WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog
  • It looks amazing. And for less than $2k? Awesome!! I love DIY home remodeling.
    SMOOCHES FOR ALL!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"