Minnesota Babies

Baby Monitors

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on baby monitors?
 preferably one that has a video screen so we can see the baby when we want.
Wireless would be nice...
and if it has an "app" so we can put it on our phones and grandparents can see the baby to would be nice...

BUT just any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Re: Baby Monitors

• We don't have a video monitor ... but I think it would be weird knowing that someone could just look at an app whenever they wanted and see video in my house.  Unless there was some way to control when that function was available.

Mostly, just thinking of when we leave the monitor in a weird place LO was sleeping and then ... other activities ... take place there later. ;-)

• We were going to get a video monitor, but then at my SIL's recommendation got an Angelcare sound and motion monitor instead. It has a sensor pad that goes under the crib mattress and sounds an alarm if it doesn't detect motion after 20 seconds or so. If you are going to start your baby in a standard crib and are concerned about SIDS, I highly recommend it and think it is a much better option than a video monitor. It was my husband's and my favorite baby product for our son's first 6-8 or so months.

The downside is that once your child becomes mobile and moves around in the crib at night, you start to get "false alarms" and unfortunately the Angelcare requires use of the motion pad in order to use the sound monitor, too. At that point, I picked up a cheap sound only monitor that we now use whenever we'll be out of hearing range of the nursery.
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a Summer Infant video monitor and I've been really happy with it.  I'll be honest, the thought of downloading an app on grandparents' phones so they can peek in is a little creepy.  I like being able to see her when she makes noise so I can tell if I need to go in and get her.  The video quality is pretty good too.  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Check out the Dropcam on Amazon. Not always sold as a baby monitor, but I have several friends who use it for their babies and love it. You can check it from any iphone, tablet etc and only take a few min to set up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"