July 2012 Moms

Closing LO's door at night

Do you leave the bedroom door open or close it? Since we moved, our room is directly across from Karsyn's. I get up at 5:00 on week days and she thinks it is time for her to get up also. So I was thinking about closing her door when I put her down but I guess I'm scared to do it.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Closing LO's door at night

• I haven't started latching it yet, but we now pull the door almost entirely closed.
  • zyaszyas member
    Ava's room is directly across from ours too. We have to close her door or she screams until we do. It's a little strange but she only settles down in her crib if her door is closed.
  • Loading the player...
  • I always keep her door closed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • We have always closed the boys doors but its more because DH gets home from work after they are asleep and he sounds like a heard of dinosaurs!

• We close it.  I used to worry I wouldn't hear him, but I always do when he really needs me.  And I don't hear the short, random noises that would only just wake me up for no reason!
  • Door closed, we have a video monitor anyway.
  • It's closed when we're awake but we open it when we go to bed

• Closed always

• I'm closing the door tonight! Thanks everyone!!
  • Always closed he wakes very easily so it helps keep noise out for his sake and I have a video monitor to check in on him.
                                                                Zayne born July 2012

Pregnancy Ticker      

• Closed door + video monitor = happy parents.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Always closed completely. I was told by a firefighter to keep their door closed in case of a fire at night and you don't wake immediately it provides a barrier.
    Yup.  We never had open doors as a kid for this reason (grandpa was a fire chief and he'd never allow open doors at night), and I've never kept them open in my house either.  Closed is much safer in case of a fire.
    This is really good to know!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Closed.  For noise reasons, cat reasons, and because of the fire safety thing. 

• Really? Lol I didn't know people didn't latch doors.

• I have closed his door since he started sleeping in his own room at 5 months. Just to keep it quieter in there for him.

• Depends on the temperature because he is upstairs, but usually we close it.
    GlitterPhoto GlitterPhoto
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Together since 5/08 ~ Married 6/19/10 ~ TTC #1 since 8/10
    BFP#1 3/26/11 ~ EDD 12/2/11 ~ Ectopic Twins left tube 7w3d
    BFP#2 11/2/11 ~ EDD 7/14/12 ~ Robert Edgar born 7/18/12
    BFP#3 9/28/13 ~ EDD 5/20/14 ~ Benjamin Clarence born 5/15/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"