C-sections
Options

sex - uncomfortable at 5 MONTHS pp

Ladies my dd was born 3-14 by c section after 20 hours of labor. I do breastfeed dd. DH & I have dtd several times and its still uncomfortable. We use lube & that helps a little but really... 5 months pp, this should be to normal right? It feels super tight down there.

Also any suggestions on boosting my sex drive?

Re: sex - uncomfortable at 5 MONTHS pp

• Options
    For me these problems didn't go away until I stopped breast feeding, then everything was back to normal.
  • Options
    5 months here and bf also....still uncomfortable for me too although not as bad as in the beginning!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kim22 said:

For me these problems didn't go away until I stopped breast feeding, then everything was back to normal.

This. Wasn't back to normal from both interest and comfort standpoint until done nursing at 9 months. Not sure if just a coincidence or any correlation to nursing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Dude!!! Why doesn't anyone tell you this?! It's seriously like losing your virginity all over again. I went for my yearly gyno visit last week and slapped (playfully) my doctor on the arm for not warning me!
  • Options
    Also...I'm at 5 months too (DD was born 3/29)
  • Options
    Thank God I'm not the only one! I'm 4.5 months post csection and have the same issues! I had an emergency csection after laboring for a little over a day and "sex won't hurt or be scary" was one of the things I was using to make lemonade out of the situation... Silly me. At least I now know that this is apparently the norm and more likely due to BFing.
    D14 June Siggy Challenge - Favorite TV/Movie Dad: Gomez Addams

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Yup, put this in the category of "things no one tells you!". It's the BF, not the c section.

It took me until my son cut back on nursing a little, I think 10 months. It really does get better!

By the time I weaned him (16 months) I was back to "normal" down there.

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"