LGBT Parenting

Lesbian couples with children in NY?

Hello , my partner and I have been together for 8 years, not married. We are going to start the artificial insemination process in Oct, we're looking for info on the adoption process after the birth. Are there any lesbian couples , either married or not, on here from NY that could answer some questions? We're excited, scared, overwhelmed and hoping to chat with some folks who have been thru this. Any tips on how to approach marriage /adoption of child after my partner gives birth?

Answers

• Hi! My wife and I also live in NY. It is my understanding that since we are legally married, after I give birth (not pregnant yet) her name will go on the birth certificate as the other parent and no questions shall ever be asked. We are using a bank as opposed to a known donor. I am not sure how it works if you are not married. If you know any family court attorneys, they should be able to answer that piece of it.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"