Washington Babies

IUI @ Seattle Reproductive Medicine(SRM)

We are going for IUI at SRM Seattle. It's our first.We have been trying for a year and half and have been on Clomid for 8 cycles. Been off clomid for past 2 cycles. For this cycle my doc wants us to go for IUI with Femara. My question is has anyone ever had IUI at SRM? How was your experience ? And how much did your treatment cost? It would be very helpful if you reply..

Re: IUI @ Seattle Reproductive Medicine(SRM)

• I had an IUI at Pacific NW Fertility. I took 2.5 mg of Femera CD 3-7 and then had ultrasound monitoring. When my follicle was a little over 18mm, they gave me a trigger shot (which forces ovulation 24-36 hours after administration) and did the IUI 26 hours later. I believe the IUI itself was $255. Femera was paid for completely by my insurance since its not a fertility drug (it's a cancer drug). HCG trigger was $65. Ultrasounds were paid for by my insurance (which doesn't cover fertility treatment, but I think PNW codes creatively so it wasn't billed as fertility).

I got pregnant on my first IUI.
  • we did a few IUIs with SRM last winter. the actual IUI was like $425, but the injectables were ~$125 if I'm remembering right and then you have to have an internal ultrasound which was ~$150. those are what I'm recalling of the prices that you pay each IUI cycle. we had no insurance coverage, so it was all OOP. We had a good experience. You DH will have to go in first and give a sample, then you go in for the IUI placement ~1.5 hours later after they've washed it.  Feel free to ask me any more ?s and I'll try to check back soon to answer them.
    Nestie Bio | ILL-INI!! | Felica Fibro - a fibromyalgia site
                 imageimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I did 4 IUI's with SRM and did not get pregnant with them.  I then went to Overlake Reproductive Health in Bellevue and they got me pregnant on the first IUI there.  Overlake did the IUI VERY different than SRM.  At SRM, I was always rushed off the table right after the sperm was put in.  At Overlake, they make you lay down with your hips elevated for 15 minutes.  Also, the IUI felt different at Overlake.  I don't know how to explain this, but the insertion felt deeper.  SRM would always complain about my "difficult cervix" and when I'd stand I always felt liquid coming out of me after the procedure.  At Overlake they had no problem with my cervix and also no liquid ever came out of me after the procedure.  I just have zero confidence in SRM after my experience there (and for the record, I had my IUI's from SRM done both downtown and in Bellevue).  You go with who your comfortable with but I'll tell you from experience, if something doesn't feel right then it probably isn't.  Good luck and hope you have more success at SRM than I did!!! 

Oh.. my IUI that worked was Femara with Bravelle injections and a trigger shot.  I don't recall exact doses, it was a few months back.  I did 5 rounds of clomid, that didn't work for me.
  • I did IUIs at SRM. I was told I could rest for as long as I felt comfortable. I'm 14 weeks preggo! Cost will vary for each patient depending on your protocol. Ours were around $600 with the ultra sounds, meds and IUI. Good luck.
  • I completed IUI at SRM in July of this year. The actual cost of the IUI procedure itself was about $350. Thats not including the ultrasound. My insurance covered part of the ultrasound and the shot of Ovidrel was $125 (I ended up not needing and has been sitting in my fridge for the past 5 months. My insurance covered part of the blood work, but i still ended up paying about $200. My overall experience was great. I live about 4 hours from Seattle and was able to coordinate most of my appointments and blood work at home. We got pregnant our first round of IUI. Fertility issues were with my DH and we had to use donor sperm.
  • I started seeing Dr Barker @ the SRM clinic in Tacoma in November. Currently on 2nd round of Clomid. I was curious to know what the cost was for IUI, because if I don't get pregnant after the 3rd round of Clomid, I think the next step may be IUI. Although my insurance has helped to pay a good chunk of my office visits, blood work, ultrasounds and medications, I know it will not cover IUI or IVF. It's good to know I should start saving for IUI, just in case! =) 
    Me: 37 DH: 37, married since Sept. 2013. "actively" TTC for a total of 13 months (after 7 months of TTC, took a 1 1/2 year hiatus due to work scheduling and wedding planning. Started up again after our wedding in Sept.) First evaluation by an RE November 2013

HSG-normal
    OH-tiny polyp found, but RE assured me she doesn't think it's contributing to infertility and doesn't recommend me to remove it because it's so small.
    DH's SA-normal
    Hormones all within normal levels
    Ovarian Reserve-RE says "is great" she's not concerned about my egg quantity (which I was until I saw her and results came back good!) 

04/2012 50mg Clomid=BFN (prescribed by OBGYN, not monitored)
    06/2012 50mg Clomid=BFN (prescribed by OBGYN, not monitored)
    11/2013 100mg Clomid, with HCG trigger=BFN (prescribed by RE, monitored with US (2 dominant follicles) and baseline bloodwork done)
    01/2014 100mg Clomid, with HCG trigger-(prescribed by RE, monitored with US-1 dominant follicle)=BFN
    06/2014 7.5mg Letrozole, HCG trigger (prescribed by RE, monitored with US-2 dominant follicles), IUI #1 on 7/3/14=BFN
    07/2014 7.5mg Letrozole, benched for IUI#2 this cycle, because I ovulated on my own before my follicular US. Progesterone suppositories=BFN Diagnosed with PCOS this month too. Testosterone levels high at 76. =( 
    08/2014 7.5mg Letrozole, HCG trigger with 19mm follicle. IUI#2 on 8/31 cancelled last minute due to family emergency. 
    09/2014 Taking a 3 month break starting this month. If not pregnant in 3 months, will start up again with medicated cycles and IUIs. Had all my labs and AFC re-evaluated this month also. RE says nothing much has changed since my eval last November, okay for me to take a little break. =) 

• I did IUI's at SRM last year. The procedure only was $250 for my husband and $250 for them to insert the sperm in me. My insurance covered all of the ultra sounds.
  • I had 5 and only one worked resulting in a miscarriage. Switched to Poma in Kirkland. Liked his vibe but I was pregnant at the in take apt by only bring on femera.
  • ddvj79ddvj79 member
    This looks like an old thread but I thought I'd add my experience as well for posterity. I had 2 IUIs done by SRM, we have to conceive ASAP due to DH's kidney problems but SRM didn't do much interms of looking at this as a unique situation. We had tried for about a year naturally & with OPKs etc but no luck. Dr.Davis decided not to be aggressive the first cycle (only fermara) which we were ok with & seemed reasonable, the next time around she didn't want to change anything so we had to ask for them to be more aggressive so she added 150IU on CD9 of Bravelle & at the end of it I barely had just the one mature follicle. So I asked again about the 3rd cycle and she didn't want to change anything, so we kept our appointment with PNWF in Seattle& the doctor there immediately wanted to go a bit more aggressive as she thought we were a unique case and they have to tailor to us & she's going with a more aggressive IUI protocol. I agree with "trebeksucks", my IUIs at SRM have hurt like hell! Last time around they asked my husband to come in at 8am for sample donation & me at 9:30am. They delayed him by 30 mins then asked me to come after 10, which I did & waited for 25mins and then left to a meeting & I told them that they needed to fit me in as this delay was their fault. The receptionist asked me if I can make it at 11:45 I clearly said no that my meeting wont be done. Then another nurse calls me when I was driving and asks the same thing and I told her that I had made it clear that I cant be there at 11:45 & will be there at noon. She then goes on to tell me that they have other patients so they will have me wait at which point I lost it & told her that they better find a way to fit me in because I am a patient as well and this whole mess was because they couldn't keep to their schedule and I would be extremely pissed off if my IUI did not go optimally due to their delay. Then the nurse assigned to me calls as I am stepping into the meeting & asks me the exact same question if I can get there at 11:45 & I told her I was going into the meeting and she goes on about if I can wait till 1 because she will be there at the Kirkland location and she could do my IUI and I said no, I will be there at noon. The experience was then terrible the baby nurse Katie who was supposed to do my IUI couldn't get my cervix tried like 3 times then got Dr.Kennedy (who I really like). She got hold of my cervix in one go, and when the sperm was going to be put in the nurse says to the doctor - do you put all of it in ? She would have done the IUI had Dr.Kennedy not have to be brought in! Then Dr. Kennedy explained to her that yeah the whole thing goes in because it is pre-measured! I then told my husband about this and obviously we realized these guys don't seem to provide care on a patient by patient basis. They are more like the McDonalds of fertility & it might work for most but if you feel you are different case, probably best to go with a different clinic that has time for you. Also, they use Avella specialty pharmacy & now that I am with Pacific Northwest Fertility they use one from Portland and these guys are much much much cheaper than Avella. So that's another thing to keep in mind...

DH :  36, has Chronic Kidney Disease, on dialysis & is waiting on the transplant list (average wait for B+ is 5 years)

Me:   36, Hypothyroidism, PCOS, BMI 32, need to be done with "child bearing" ASAP so that I can be a Kidney donor (was fun realizing we didn't as much time as we thought :-/ )

We're TTC#1

IUI #1 : 5mcg Letrozole (CD 3-7) + Ovidrel Trigger + Had the one follicle = BFN  (March 2014)

IUI #2 : 5mcg Letrozole (CD 3-7) + 150 iu Bravelle on CD9 (after much begging!) + Had the one follicle = BFN (April 2014)

7th May 2014 - changed REs, this one seems to care (we think....)

IUI #3 : 7mcg Letrozole (CD 3- 7) + 75 iu Bravelle (CD 8-12) + CD12 Scan 5/16 + Had 3 follicles (2 under 15mm) = BFN(May 2014)

IUI #4 : 7mcg Letrozole (CD 3- 7) + 75 iu Bravelle (CD 8-12) + CD12 Scan 5/16 + Had 1 follicle + DH gave best sample so far = BFN(June 2014)

IVF#1 -  ER Only Cycle Sept-Oct 2014, 17  eggs Retrieved, 14 mature, 10 fertilized, 6 made it to Blast & post PGS  5 were not viable due to chromosomal abnormalities
    Not sure where we go from here...

We're parents to two very adorable, bratty, affectionate & goofy Bernese Mountain Dog pups who would very much like a 2 legged baby brother or sister of their own!

• tullutullu member
    Hi,
    This is an update for my IUI. We got pregnant in our 2nd attempt @ SRM Kirkland. We now are expecting a little bonnie boy this July. Couldnt be more happier with the practice.
  • I had a good experience at SRM Kirkland also. My first attempt at IUI was successful. We did 5 days of Femara, an ultrasound to check follicles, a trigger shot, IUI, and then progesterone supplements.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"