High-Risk Pregnancy

Insensitive Receptionist

A quick backstory: In May MH who is an attorney was laid off from his large firm. We began to get COBRA coverage for our BCBS policy. I told all the staff at my OB that this was happening and no one seemed to need further information.

Today at 5 (when it was too late for me to call and talk to anyone) a receptionist from my office called and told me my insurance company had yet to pay for a claim from last month. I explained the situation and told her it would be paid soon (just as all the claims since May have been). She then informed me the practice "doesn't take COBRA insurance" and if I wanted to come to my appointment on Tuesday I would need $2500 in advance. She also told me I would need to pay that every appointment til I deliver at 37 weeks. Basically I need to have 10K in a month or find a new High Risk OB 4 weeks before I need to have a c-section. I was so upset. I told her to cancel my appointment and she hung up. No offers to work out payment or even call back tomorrow when I could talk to somebody.
Like I said my husband is an attorney, and is already "on the case". I'm sure he'll get it figured out but I was still crying and upset. I feel like if my OB knew her staff was talking to patients this way she'd be upset. I also feel like it's cruel to tell some one with GD and placenta previa to cough up 10K or find a new doctor a few weeks before delivery. We've already paid our deductible and other expenses to this practice too. So frustrated and mad.
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Insensitive Receptionist

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"