Military Families
Options

Any San Diego Mamas?

Hello ladies! This is my first time posting on this board so let me introduce myself! My name is Em, I'm 20yrs old and married to a USN sailor. I'm 27 weeks pregnant and Due in November.

Here's my question... I'm wondering if there are any FTM or STM who are going to or already have delivered at the Naval Hospital in Balboa? I'm planning to have my DD there so I was hoping to hear about some other moms opinion or experiences with that hospital. Also does anyone know if they have a laboring tub?

Re: Any San Diego Mamas?

• Options

I delivered at the Naval hospital. I don't think they had a tub.

I liked my experience there - I liked my OBs, and I liked the facilities. They have good lactation consultants for post-partum. Parking can be an issue, even when you get the parking pass to park close (at 35 weeks, I think).

If you have any specific questions, I'll try to answer them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I just delivered there last year. No tubs, and they won't let you bring one in either. The next best thing I wanted was to labor in a warm shower stream just on my back and they denied that as well. Your also not allowed to walk the halls, and if you chose to walk, are confined to your room. Other than that they are great. Try to get Ryan as your nurse, he actually lobby's for the birth plan you choose. Birth over all was pretty good, I just wish the facility was bigger and they allowed a little more freedom. GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"