January 2014 Moms
Options

Neighbor just had a baby boy- gift idea

We just had some new neighbors move in across the street about a month ago, and the woman was visibly VERY pregnant.  yesterday I saw blue ballons outside their house, saying "congrats!" so im going out on a limb here and thinking they had their baby ;)   I dont know them, we've only met the husband once or twice in passing, but I thought it would be a nice ice breaker/introduction/welcoming gift to bring them a little something, maybe baby related?  Again, they dont know me from joe down the street, so Im hesitant to bake her something (I dont know that I would eat something from a stranger).  Any suggestions on a "congrats on your baby, and welcome to the hood" gift ?

Re: Neighbor just had a baby boy- gift idea

• Options
    I think something baked is a good idea!
  • Options
    Could you bring a prepared dish from your grocery store? I know Wegmans has a great homemade feeling take out area. Everything is pre-packaged so there is no cooking on your part. I really love the idea of giving food since she won't want to cook. Then maybe a small gift bag with those toys babies bat at from their play mat or carseat handle. I wouldn't do a ton since you don't know them, but the gesture is what will make an impact, kwim?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pack of 1 diapers and a cute boy onesie?
  • Options
    Neighbors of ours across the street slipped a card in our mailbox congratulating us after they saw us outside one day (carrying DS in his infant car seat). Inside, they had enclosed a gift card to a restaurant. It was a really sweet, thoughtful gesture, we felt.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.
  • Options
    I know you're in the Lancaster area, if you're uncomfortable cooking or baking for them, could you pick something up "homemade" at an Amish/Farmers market?  Along with a children's book or little toys, it would make a nice "welcome to the neighborhood" and "congrats on your new baby" gift.

• Options
    How sweet of you for wanting to do something for them!  I liked the idea of a prepared something form the grocery store- that way it's something prepared- because I'm sure most all new moms will appreciate not having to think about the next meal- and then you don't have to worry about any hesitation over homemade food.
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    I love the idea of taking them a prepared meal, or a gift card for a take-out place in your area?

Baby Lexi: BFP: May 12, 2013 (Mother's Day), EDD: January 21, 2014
  • Options
    I brought breakfast to my friend after she gave birth. She was so surprised bc everyone had given her dinner things, and they didn't have time before the birth to pick up stuff for breakfast. 
    It was pretty simple: I brought cinnamon rolls and a cheese quiche, but it lasted them two mornings and she was so thankful!

December Siggy Challenge: Love Actually

Married DH: April 21 2012 // Expecting our first: Jan 20 2014
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Maybe cupcakes or some other delicious bakery goodies? No cooking involved and it'd be a nice gesture without being over the top.

• Options
    I like the idea of a meal of some kind and maybe something extra that is baby related. So sweet of you!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    A meal or baked goods from the grocery store/bakery is a great idea.  If you can find a baby book with a neighborhood or welcome theme, that might be cute, too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"