December 2010 Moms

Nursery to Big girl room

So I have been delaying changing DD's room because we were trying to sell our house and we were TTC. As I posted a could weeks ago things have changed. TTC and selling the house are on hold for probably at least 18 months or more. I now want to change her room. It is still decorated with Jungle Animals. She is in her crib converted to a toddler bed with rail, and we really do not have room to put the daybed we have (stored at my parents) in her room. I have a budget less than $100 for everything. At a minimum I see needing: new border, decals, sheets, pillow case, blanket, hamper, clock and a small amount of material. (These are the items that are all themed Jungle in her room.)

Now the debate. Do I even need to change it? I am just over the baby stuff. (DH does not think it needs changed but is ok with me doing it if he does not have to help. LOL)

Anything that is twin does not work. So I am stuck with crib/toddler bed themes.

I was thinking butterflies, but it was suggested princess. DD loves princess, but I try to stay away from character themed room decoration (she has a small of amount of character clothes.) How would you feel about a princess themed room? I know she would love it and it easy to find princess themed stuff, but do I want to go there? Is it really any different than my Rainbow Brite sheets when I was little?

This would only be for probably 18 months - 3 years when we will move and she can redo her room.  

Thoughts? Leave it? Princess? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Nursery to Big girl room

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"