December 2013 Moms
Options

Rant... I'm on a roll

My 21 year old brother is the most inconsiderate a-hole ever... I helped him get a car and signed for it because he needed one to get to work. I helped him get insurance on it and everything. He had the insurance and then fell behind on the insurance payments. I told him I would put him on mine and it would be lower for him but he needs to pay off the other insurance company. Guess what I get in the mail today... a collections notice from the insurance company. I'm furious... I want to punch something and cry at the same time. First my husband now my brother.. I'm really over this week and its only Tuesday.

SO now he says he will try to get me the money... too late little brother its already there and it will be written as a charge off.. I hope every one else is having a better day. Thanks for letting me rant ladies... It really helps...

Mommy of four munchkins!

Re: Rant... I'm on a roll

• Options
    That sucks. This is the exact reason I don't do things like this for family.
  • Options
    I agree with SSS... Even though I know it can be hard, it's time.
       EDD for #2 is December 8th, 2013, so excited for our 2nd team green baby! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been in this situation with my parents. I learned the hard way to not sign my name for anyone else, no matter who it is. I'm still cleaning up my credit. I'm really sorry you have to deal with this.
  • Options

You are better than me!  I would not put my credit on the line for someone else’s purchase…

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

You are better than me!  I would not put my credit on the line for someone else’s purchase…

I was thinking the same thing. We take our credit very seriously. I have a good score but DH has a great one. It is part of the reason we were able to get our house and such low rates. I would never risk that for somebody else. We've helped family members out before but I wouldn't do anything that could damage our credit. I think it's time to cut your brother off completely. Let him figure out things on his own.

imageimage

• Options

Ugh, that sucks.

Time to stop helping your brother.

This. At some point you have to let him fall on his face and learn lessons the hard way.

• Options
    That sucks! Its hard to cut people off especially when it's family. My SO is going through that with his family. He keeps telling them no and they keep asking. I hope one day they get the hint and just grow up. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"