LGBT Parenting

Ten Things Tuesday!!!

Ready...Set....GO!!!

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********

Re: Ten Things Tuesday!!!

• 1. 4 more days of BCPs! The countdown is on! I can't wait to get off of them and hopefully stop bleeding... just in time for my real period to come! HA! Maybe with some luck it will be the last period that I have for a long time! :)

2. So I am super intrigued about this Orange is the New Black show that all of you fab people are so crazy about. We don't have Netflix. I am kind of old school/not tech saavy, so I am not really sure how it works. Can I get an online subscription (not the kind where they mail you DVDs) and still watch it on my TV and not on my computer? (my wife would be embarrassed that I just asked that!)... or can I just get them to mail me a DVD of the whole season of this show?... I am going to have to do a little research to figure this out...

3. I am feeling tired today.

4. My sister wants to plan a girls weekend up in Boston for October. She wants my sister-in-law and her sister to join my sisters, myself and my wife. I think it will be really fun, but I am nervous to commit. I could possibly be 7-8 wks pregnant at the time, and I think it will be really hard for me to go up there and not say anything. My mom knows we are doing IVF, but she doesn't know dates, so isn't sure when to expect news. My sisters know nothing. My wife wants to wait a while before telling my sisters... I don't know. I am just not going to stress about it now. There are too many hypotheticals in that scenario to be too concerned at this point. I just don't like the thought of having amazing news to finally share and be up there with them and feel like my wife won't want to share yet...

5. I need to stop getting ahead of myself.

6. I always read the pregnancy check-ins just to keep up with people and their progress. I often times find myself wanting to comment on something (ex: I loved ATXMomma's nursery photos!), but I never do b/c I feel like I don't belong on that thread yet and I haven't earned the right to post there... I know that is silly, but I am silly what can I say...

7. I have been lurking a bit on other bump boards just to see what other people have to say. I have never posted anywhere else. I don't plan on it. Some of the people on the other boards are a bit much for me. I was reading some posts this weekend and I literally had to stop b/c it was starting to stress me out. I think there are some people who use forums like the bump for a sense of community, and then there are others who use it purely to fill some void they have in their life, and that typically manifests itself in craziness and belittling to others. I am not a fan of the latter.

8. This is the first summer that I have not taken a true vacation in about 4 or 5 years, and I am not liking it. At first I was going to take off next week, even though we don't have any plans, but now with ER and transfer coming up in mid September, I am going to wait and save my time. I think my vacation is going to turn into a long weekend around the time of ER and/or transfer of laying in bed and reading magazines. I guess I am OK with that.

9. My boobs have definitely gotten larger over the last couple of months. I have gained some weight since starting TTC, and it has mainly gone to my hips and my boobs. I have always been "busty," but after my weight loss a couple years ago I finally got down to a C cup and I was very happy about it. I seem to be pushing the limits of my C cups these days, and I fear that it won't be long until I am back in D territory. My shirts aren't fitting as well either for this reason. I really worry that they are going to be totally huge when I am hopefully eventually pregnant...

10. I am happy that it is Tuesday, but I would be happier if it were Thursday or Friday. My interest in work lately has been nearing an all-time low. I am not proud of this. I used to enjoy work more. I hope this feeling is a phase.

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • 1. I'm. so. itchy.  I hate mosquitoes.
    2. Hysteroscopy today.
    3. Upside: Day off work!  We slept in and it was awesome.
    4. Downside: I'm not allowed to eat anything until after the procedure, and it's not until 2 pm.
    5. So far my exciting morning-off activities have included: scooping poop, Tunnel Time with the cat, laundry, and TTT.  Living the dream here, folks.
    6. I would kill for a breakfast burrito.
    7. PT seems to be helping my hip.
    8. A close friend's children, who were in her belly at my wedding, are starting Kindergarten today.  Mind. Blown.
    9. A good friend who has had a very similar TTC journey to mine is currently 7w pregnant with twins after her second IVF cycle.  I am thrilled, and so hopeful that they will stick and be healthy.
    10. Time to water the veggie garden before it gets too hot.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • KH826 said:

9. My boobs have definitely gotten larger over the last couple of months. I have gained some weight since starting TTC, and it has mainly gone to my hips and my boobs. I have always been "busty," but after my weight loss a couple years ago I finally got down to a C cup and I was very happy about it. I seem to be pushing the limits of my C cups these days, and I fear that it won't be long until I am back in D territory. My shirts aren't fitting as well either for this reason. I really worry that they are going to be totally huge when I am hopefully eventually pregnant...

ALL of this, KH.  Down to the cup size.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• ball.and.chain said:
    2. Hysteroscopy today.
    Good luck today! I will be thinking of you. Let us know how everything goes. After you eat, of course! :)

• 1. I couldn't sleep last night... Went to bed at 1, woke up at 4:40, went back to bed at 7, up at nine. 2. I will need a nap today 3. L finished refinishing the dresser yesterday. I am excited to see it today. 4. Lol, just realized I wrote finished refinishing 5. I am craving anything pumpkin.... I am so ready for fall. 6. Maybe I will make some baked pumpkin oatmeal this morning. 7. I am glad I have a day off today... My only thing I have to do is go to the dentist. 8. My work decided they want to have a baby shower for us as well, which I think is super sweet. 9. I can't wait for all the IVFers to join us on the preg board.... Hopefully September brings several BFPs! 10. Time to go find something to eat.
    Same sex couple, Married 8/6/11
    Baby Oliver born 11/27/13

TTC stats with donor sperm...
    IUI #1 with trigger, 1/4/13 - BFN
    IUI #2 with trigger, 2/1/13 BFN
    IUI #3 with tigger, 2/28/12 BFP EDD 11/21/13
  • Ugh... Cannot figure out how to make spaces on my ipad.
    Same sex couple, Married 8/6/11
    Baby Oliver born 11/27/13

TTC stats with donor sperm...
    IUI #1 with trigger, 1/4/13 - BFN
    IUI #2 with trigger, 2/1/13 BFN
    IUI #3 with tigger, 2/28/12 BFP EDD 11/21/13
  • ATXmommasATXmommas member
    edited August 2013
    1. I'm TTT'ing from my phone today, which I hate. But, it's a good way to spend a mid-morning break.

2. Thanks, KH, for your comment on our nursery pics!

3. I've been thinking too about the TTC and Pregnancy threads. I always read the TTC thread because I'm genuinely interested in reading everyone's updates - and I'm rooting for each and every one of you who are TTC to be on the other end of this journey. I don't comment on the TTC thread because I guess I feel like it would be invasive, but maybe that's just as silly as feeling like you haven't "earned the right" to comment on the Pregnancy thread. We're all rooting for each other, so maybe we should provide support and well wishes wherever we want.

4. I can relate to the boob situation. Prior to TTC in March 2012, I trained for a marathon and got down to a nice C cup - and I loved it! Except I really was too thin at that point. Before pregnancy, I was between a large C and a small D. I'm up to a DD now. I don't want to think about how big they will be when I'm nursing. Sigh...

5. I had trouble sleeping last night too. Woke up at 4am. Ate a snack. Browsed on my phone for a bit. Had to kick Bama out of bed. Yawn.

6. Sooo excited for my mom to visit over Labor Day weekend. Would never ever choose to move back to MS, but I HATE living so far away from my family, especially my mom.

7. I love my little sister to pieces, but sometimes I wonder how she turned out so differently from the rest of us. Well, she has a different mother than me and my older siblings, so I know that is why. She's not different in a bad way, just different in a way I can't relate to. She just went to college and all she has posted about on FB this past week is "rush week." She said the day she got her sorority bid was the "best day of her life." To be 18 again...

8. Wished I liked to drink water. I was feeling pretty poorly last week and I think it was because of dehydration. Been trying to drink more water, but it is an effort.

9. Thinking I need to resubscribe to Netflix. I quit out of protest a couple of years who when they did something shady, but think I need to reconsider...

10. I need to get a snack. Happy day to all!
  • 1. We are excited to be actively TTC once again instead of just planning.
    2. Our RE appt went great on Friday.  We had two large follicles and a small one.  
    3. We did our insemination's on Saturday and Sunday at home.
    4. My DW is glad to be the one doing the insemination, but isn't a fan of the baby batter (sperm) smell, it is really funny to me
    5. My DW and I have been super lovey and sweet the last few days.  I know she is loving it because I am not usually the super affectionate one.
    6. We are trying to figure out how to make time pass quickly while in the TWW, I don't think about it too much unless I am around my DW
    7.I start watching a new child today.  Its from 3pm-9pm.  I am not excited about it because its going to take up my whole evening.  But it will be extra money.
    8. Because of #7 I will be working two jobs for the next few weeks....not happy about it.
    9. I have a cold and I am a whinny baby.  It does give me another excuse to have ice cream though ;-)
    10. It's only Tuesday and my weekend is already booked up.  I am excited to meet a few women off the board finally this weekend :-)
    Have  wonderful day ladies!!
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• 1.   Today is H. and I's 30th-monthaversary!    She made me breakfast in bed to celebrate the occasion this morning and it was super tasty!  I have to think of something fun for us next :)

2.  I was sick from work yesterday and am here early today trying to catch up...   am a bit overwhelmed by the mess in my office.

3.  Our house is in that clearing-out-before-a-move phase, which means that it's chaotic - but just part of the process...  I'm overwhelmed there too and often have no idea how to start addressing any of the stuff....   I think I need H. to sit with me and tell me what to do sometimes when it comes to cleaning!

4.  The above has been an issue of mine since childhood.  As an adult I have been dx'd with non-hyperactive ADHD, I think it has something to do with not being able to see such chaos and process it without a little boost of "this is where you start"....

5.  Our Administrative Assistant (read:  basically the BOSS of the running of the office) is back from Vacation and I am THRILLED.  I missed her efficiency and bossiness around here!   Plus she's super nice and I appreciate her non-bs style in the office.

6.  I am so happy to be done taking the Clomid this cycle.  I've been a bit off this week (read: cried twice for emotional reasons) --- and poor H. may be taking the brunt of it.   We're going in for our folly-check tomorrow and I'm hoping we have a couple of ripe ones in there ~15mm so that we might get to trigger Thursday night for a Saturday iui! 

7.  H. and I got our tax returns last week, and because she has SO many  deductions available for her international student tuition, and I have a bunch from being a student for part of last year - we got basically enough back to fund most of our IVF cycle!    It's really going to happen!  

8.  We are still negotiating timing around the IVF.  Right now we're stuck a bit between a baseball tournament H. has already committed to and the X-mas break (when we are supposed to travel to see her family).... we're hoping we can squeeze in the cycle between the two, but may not be able to....  argh.

9.  I wish I had more friends who understood the IF and TTC world - I am feeling a bit lonely these days.

10.  I am standing by my desire to not tell too many people about this cycle.  I feel like it's really nice to have other things to talk about with friends and stuff.... helps me put it aside.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• 4. Downside: I'm not allowed to eat anything until after the procedure, and it's not until 2 pm.

I remember this all too well from my hysteroscopy and my lap. I definitely complained on this board about how hungry I was both times. I hope that your hysteroscopy goes well and that you aren't nauseated afterwards so you can eat!
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • @herbabymama That is a super generous offer about the meds, but we may not need it. While we are OOP for the procedure and lab fees and such, fertility drugs have been covered so far by @Manada's plan and I am on that plan. But M may have a better sense of whether any of them aren't covered.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • 1. @KH826, We watch Orange is the New Black on the TV but we use a Roku so everything is all connected and ready to go!  I will admit that if I didn't have the Roku to do it for me I would be clueless wondering how to get Netflix onto the TV! 

2. I, too, read the Pregnancy Check ins and TTC posts even though I don't fit into either one of those categories right now.  I also hold back on posting since I'm not "in that group".

3.  I WISH I had the big boob problem!  Before my baby I was a small B cup and was pretty happy with that.  While breastfeeding I went up to a full B/pushing C and was all excited about my new boobies!  Now that I'm not nursing anymore, I'm down to an A.  :(

4. We have mold in our apartment (brand new apartment ) and for the last 2 months our landlord has been "trying to fix it" with fans and dehumidifiers.  They finally came in and tested the mold.  They will be sending someone in to clean the mold tomorrow and will be putting us in a hotel until it's all cleaned.

5. I have been dealing with this mold situation for two days straight.  I'm tired of it and just want it fixed.

6. N has her 6 month appointment tonight.  Boo... shots and a sad baby!

7.  I have to sign up for health insurance at work and have no idea what I'm doing.  I'm trying to do as much research as I can so I make sure I pick the right plan!  Looks like I'll be doing some reading tonight!

8. I have leftover lasagna for lunch that B made.  I am not really hungry yet but I am trying my hardest to wait until at least noon.  It's just so good that I can't wait though!

9. Pretty sure N has another infection.  Thank you, mold.

10.  N crawled for the first time last night.  Well, what I would consider crawling.  She's on her hands and knees and basically slides them across the floor to get places.  B says she has to lift her knees for it to count.  Either way, we need to baby proof!

10.5 N also decided to start standing on her own last night.  We used to have to hold her hands while she stood now she just holds onto the side of the couch with one arm.  What a little daredevil!
  • 10.75  Happy 30 month anniversary @Manada and @Healz
  • 10.75  Happy 30 month anniversary @Manada and @Healz

I second this! Happy Day @Manada & @Healz! :)

I love the cute little anniversaries that we create for ourselves! The day that I proposed to J, it was our 74 month anniversary. I told her we were going to go out and celebrate our 74 month anniversary by re-creating our first date. Then right before we left the house to go do that, I gave her the ring, and the re-creation of our first date turned into our celebration of our engagement.

• 1. We went up for our (my) first IUI yesterday. All went very well. I had already ovulated so I am hoping all the timing worked out well.

2. I am really excited but am also trying to be realistic at the same time.

3. It blows my mind that maybe there is a fertilized egg in my body that may develop into a little person.

4. I am starting to think we may have told too many people that we are TTC. Each that we have told are for different reasons and all are very immediate family and close friends. I now feel obligated to give updates and boy does that take some time!

5. We finally got word that we are getting money to fix the floor in the mudroom of our house.

6. C's cousin and his wife are having infertility issues and are using the same RE's office we are. I was first happy to have someone else in the family also doing IUI, though sad that they must. Now I am thinking it isn't going to go well. She seems to want to tell me exactly what I will go through and how she handled it. Our protocol at this point couldn't be more different. I am worried that should we both have babies (which I hope we both do) then she will be constantly giving unsolicited advice. C is....outspoken, to say the least, so it may not be a problem.

7. We have a motorcycle dice run this weekend that will be over 1,000 bikes. I'm excited to be a part of it, but not excited for how my tush will feel after 130 miles.

8. It is a beautiful day out today.

9. Wondering if anyone else has been given antibiotics after their IUI. I didn't get any after my hsg but did for IUI.

10. I'm hoping this TWW goes by quickly!

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Thinking of you today ballandchain! I hope everything went well! And H and Manada- this IS amazing news regarding your funding for IVF!!! And I also hold back from commenting on the other check in but I always read them to keep current on everyone's stories.

1. I'm trying to catch up on dexter while eating my lunch today.

2. We've got two guys in the yard cutting down/back a bunch of stuff. I love it! It feels so cleansing even though I'm not doing it this time

3. I had my first intense craving of my pregnancy Sunday night. I can't remember if I wrote about it on the check in, but I had to have chili. And I've had chili for three meals since Sunday night. I think it may have run its course. Lol!!!

4. Not being able to clean that much is frustrating. I look around and think about how much worse it will get before the baby comes. But my Bp is still going up at random times and I don't want to push it.

5. I got some kudos at work and they have offered to pay me a full two weeks out of my 6 weeks off instead of 8 days. I'm appreciative. I'm still sad about how things have worked out but I'm thankful that it does seen like they plan to welcome me back after 6 weeks. I was worried since they really don't have to.

6. We have finally decided on a camera and have transferred some points to gift cards to minimize our OOP costs. Those things are freakin expensive, but we're excited about being able to have videos and pics of the baby

7. My puppies can be excellent snugglers. I've got one attached to me right now :)

8. I literally have a couple of baby socks that I keep staring at and I cannot believe there will be a person in this house soon who will wear socks that fit S's big toe. Crazy

9. Is it Friday yet? This week is really long already

10. My old boss is stopping by our house tonight. I so enjoy her and am so glad we've stayed in touch. She made the baby a quilt, which was so sweet. It will be great to visit with her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is my first ten Things Tuesday!!!!
    1. My BW (Beautiful Wife) completed her 5 days of Clomid and last Friday we went to our RE for u/s and she had 2 big follicles and 1 smaller one! 
    2. I gave BW her first ovulation trigger shot...right in the booty! I was nervous, but she didn't even flinch. Sh'e such a trooper. 
    3. We inseminated Saturday, in between 2 of my softball games (yes I came home for it :-)) and again on  Sunday. 
    4. I forgot how much I hate the smell of....man goo!
    5. My BW has been extra lovey dovey than usual, which I love because Im super affectionate and she's a little more "I need my personal space". 
    6. All I can think about is if there is a little human growing inside my BW. :-)
    Man this is hard to come up with ten things to say....
    7. my BW started a new nanny job today, so she won;t be home until 9pm, so I get the house all to myself.
    8. I think I may try a new stuffed pepper recipe tonight. 
    9. I'm super excited to meet a couple from this board this coming weekend!
    10. The TWW is excruciating!!! 
    Whew, that was rough!
    :ar!
  • Sounds like a lot of positive things going on today pals! Glad to hear some good updates and thinking of you @Ball.and.chain! Here are my updates:

1. A and I had a tough day yesterday as we approach another IUI. I just don't want to mess the timing up, and all the signs are pointing in different directions (temps, CM, prior cycles, and OPK's are all giving us a different answer.)

2. Due to the stress from #1 I decided I needed a project. I decided to make some canned salsa from scratch. I am sure it was transference, but it felt good to successfully "make" something. Now I plan on making many more batches.

3. I have had an easy couple of days at work, as my boss has been out of town (and we work out of an office of two.). Then she will be back on Thursday, and then next week I have the whole week off!

4. Our IUI is currently scheduled for tomorrow morning. Hopefully we don't have any signs that suggest that the timing is incorrect before then.

5. I am running a quarter marathon on Sunday and I am nervous about doing that in the middle of a TWW. But I guess if I am slow, then I can blame it on trying to not over do it.

6. I am looking into finding a good old fashioned therapist to talk about the possibility of being pregnant and what that means to me as a transgender person.

7. A and I are heading to the beach in less than a month.

8. At work we are putting on a "Mad Scientist" program this weekend, and I LOVE to plan stuff like that. I think science is so neat, especially fascinating experiments!

9. 2Mamas: I didn't read the Vegan before 6 book, BUT I heard you mention and thought I would give it a shot... That's where that came from! I am still caffeine free and doing really well with all my eating!

10. I am feeling very zen today about this process. I am just giving it up to the universe, because things will happen when they are supposed to. I am sure tomorrow that could change, but I am going to enjoy this peaceful feeling for now.

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• 1. My car almost died this weekend. Saturday it started making a noise and I thought it was my deer whistles out of alignment... It was a bolt that held on a pulley for a belt and it broke. I all of a sudden was either going to get off paying for that to be fixed or a new car if it couldn't be fix. And fortunately it got fixed!! Cheaper than I was quoted too. I was highly stressed for a few days and now feel much better.

2. My belly is growing. And personally, maternity pants just aren't for me. I did some googling and found maternity suspenders!! Yay!!! Lol... This whole pregnancy thing for me has been very interesting lol

3. My itchy puppy dog isn't so itchy anymore. I think it was the prescription food. I'm just glad she isn't impersonating Thumper anymore.

4. It's hot again... I'm ready for fall.

5. I'm ready for the busy season at work to stop. It correlates directly with it being hot.

6. My coworkers are giving me a baby shower and I think that is so sweet :)

7. Since they are throwing me a baby shower I'm not sure what to do about buying things. I go back and forth. Don't want to be rushed later on but also want to wait to see what I get.

8. I love my days off when I get to snuggle with my puppies. It's so sweet how I really am their world :)

9. I'm starving!!! But then I'm hungry a lot of the time and I'm happy to feed my little one.

10. I so appreciate this board and all of you! :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• 1. I am glad ball.and.chain's uterus is cleared for take off! Though, bummed not to be September cycle buddies :(...though whatever gets that take home baby is best!!

2. KH: Bumner on the Lupron headache but hang in there. I'm on day 3 of it, with 3 bcp's to go. I had one Lupeon headache in the past but nothing consistent, so hoping its a one-off.

3. Doodah: The vegan before 6 thing is proving to be a fairly good thing. More veggies, variety and creativity for sure. I'm still not 100% on board but J is winning!

4. Herbabymama: ok, I'll say it: I read your new screen name as "herb" baby mama. Perhaps it's my herb friendly state I live in, with "green" pharmacies every 10 feet.

5. I had my mammogram today, using new fancy 3D technology. It was interesting! Boobs looked good!

6. Also getting my hip xrayed today. Not thrilled but trying to get everything checked out in hopes of a pregnancy soon.

7. It's monthly review time at work and I'm living in Excel, with whom I have a total love/hate relationship. Mostly love, I must admit.

8. Agreed this week feels eternal and it's only Tuesday ffs.

9. I made ribs on Sunday (decidedly not vegan after 6) and made an extra rack to have tonight with corn on the cob! My secret: Rub with salt, pepper and paprika...the cook them in the oven in a bottle of cider with some BBQ sauce mixed in for 2 hours. Then grill with BBQ sauce!

10. Now I've gone and made myself hungry.
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• @Manada - so exciting that you have funds for IVF! I hope it doesn't come to that, but let me know. I'm holding meds for you since you are OOP and I need to remember to send you the list of what I have...
    @herbabymama You are so sweet!    As H. mentioned, now that I hit the 1 year mark at work, AND that it looks like H's permanent residency may come through (fingers crossed!) we may actually have coverage for some of our IVF meds.   I have to figure out which ones are covered, I remember from our injects cycle that our Puregon/Follistim cartridges weren't covered, and that Gonal-F was, but I have to check on the Lupron, Menopur, etc....    Our RE mentioned today that we're going to be looking at an Antagonist protocol, so whatever that means for our meds....

I appreciate your holding them for us though!   I'll make a point to find out the logistics as well as whether or not the meds we are likely to get are covered, as well as any concerns around cross-boarder shipping (though H's parents do live in the states).     If we end up covered for what we need it would be good to pass them along to someone else in need :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• I'm late to TTT, but here goes!!

1. Well, I'm 6 days late for AF, but as of yesterday, still seeing negative hpts. My temps are still high and there is no sign of af, so we are just confused. 

2. Our acupuncturist believes I am pregnant. She was confused that we haven't seen a positive test, and even though I told her it was possible that I may have ovulated late, she checked some "pregnancy signs" based on her training and says she believes I am pregnant. Apparently, she looks for something in my pulse, and it was there, as well as something to do with my tongue. 

3. As a result of #2, DW is still hopeful. I'm more skeptical. If I don't get af in the next 5 days, then it will officially be my longest cycle ever. I guess we'll see. 

4. I'm tired. All.The.Time. 

5. As a result of #4, I am struggling with my work. I work from home, and can set my hours, but I do have to get an average of 160 hours a month, and it's always a struggle toward the end of the month. 

6. It's hot. I want to punch anyone that says "Yay, summer is back!"...we have a huge house (it's long) and the only "air" we have, comes from an air conditioner that is in the biggest room at the end of the house. Oh, and it is an air conditioner that was built decades ago....by chrysler. 

7. I'm ready for fall. I'm ready for fall colors. I'm ready to get back on the trail. I'm ready for cooler weather. 

8. DW and I made another trip to Ikea last night and picked up one of their wooden chairs. It looks amazing in our living room with the new couch. 

9. I'm making pasta fagioli today! We make it with fake meat and it smells DIVINE in the crock pot. 

10. I'm really happy for anyone in the 2ww and I pray it is your cycle. I'm super happy to hear that others are moving along in their process also. I love this thread. 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• 1. Its so exciting to read everyone's updates - I'm reading about all the TTC journeys even though I don't comment.

2. Being a parent has turned me into a lurker, but I'm still here and I'm rooting for every one of you - for what that is worth! :)

3. Alarico is doing really well. He's up to about 11.5 lbs at 8 weeks - he was born at 7lbs. He's smiling a lot, cooing and generally making himself known to the world :)

4. We had LOTS of different bottles to try and it seems that the Lansinoh Momma bottle is his fave, which is good because it is my fave too! V doesn't like it because it is short and squat, and she thinks its difficult to hold.

5. I was making enough breast milk to more than adequately nourish him, but not much more than an ounce or so extra per pumping session - which I read is considered a normal supply. Because I am trying to build up a stash of milk for (sniff) daycare, I started taking fenugreek. That stuff is amazing! Combined with oatmeal every morning, I am getting about 5 ounces per pump session.

6. We're working on him taking a bottle, again for daycare, and I suppose for convenience, so that I can go out by myself more often and for longer periods. 

7. I am sort of excited, but also nervous to go back to work. I have this dread feeling. Not dread of work, I like my job, but more dread that someone figured out that I made a mistake and I'll get fired when I get back. Weird, I know.

8. Speaking of going back, I have 4 weeks of FMLA left. I do love my job, but I'd like some extra time with our boy. 

9. Looking back at pictures of how much A has grown since he was born, I feel like I didn't look at him enough back then. That, however, is crazy, because all we did was look at him. When we weren't looking at him, we looked at photos of him! Crazy.

10. We've starting contemplating baby number two. I'm really torn. If we do it, I'd like to do it close together, but I still feel a bit scarred (emotionally) from the emergency c section. I was kind of set on one until V's mother said that if V and I were to die Alarico would have 'Nobody else in the world' bah.
    IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• TTW - Ten Things Wednesday :)

1) I'm very pleased with all the positivity on this board.  It makes me feel better.  Just today DP and I were complaining about how hard this process is, and how unexpectedly expensive it can be.  I realize we're not the only ones so while I never wish anyone to feel this way I am glad for the cameradarie on this board.  It's calming.

2) I had my trigger shot today.  To push my massive 9 mm follicle into ovulation.  Sorry, but I'm having major doubts that my OBGYN has any idea what he's doing.  Everyone else on here is talking about precise timing and making sure all pieces are in place and he's over here saying "Hey, let's just try it and see what happens!"

3) I am very uncomfortable with uncertainty.  I made an appointment with a legit RE even though it's a 1.5 hour drive from my house.  Still worth it.  A long drive is way better than the "maybe" I'm getting from my doctor.

4) Is it just my imagination or do my boobs hurt?  Do boobs get sore after Ovidrel?  Or am I just imagining things?

5) I get my spooge shot tomorrow.  This will be the very first time man juice has gotten in my uterus.  Back when I slept with boys I ALWAYS made them wrap it up.  I was terrified of unplanned pregnancy (see number 3) so I never let an unwrapped weiner slip between my legs.

6) I am sick of being sick and I'm only on day 2.  When I get colds they usually rage in my body for a good (horrible?) 10 days.  I just wish this would pass...

7) On that front, I am taking Emergen-C which is actually quite delicious.  It's like sipping on orange soda all day.  Plus each dose has 3% of my folate requirement and I take several.  So hooray for that :)

8) Despite my sickness and stress, I am happy to have the students back.  They're so happy and full of energy, and so un-jaded by life.  I'll never get sick of working with college-age kids.

9) Yeah, this summer weather can take a hike.  Usually cold makes my throat hurt more when I'm sick, but this thick humid air is doing me absolutely no favors either :(

10) I'm excited about my IUI even if my odds are rather low.  Any odds are better than none!  That's what I always say when I play Powerball!  You can't win unless you buy a ticket.  And I can't have a baby unless I do the IUI.  Here's hoping I'm a one-hit-wonder.  Regardless, I WILL find a new OBGYN.  The lack of compassion, follow-up, communication, and empathy of my OB's staff is astounding. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"