TTC after 35
Options

Intro and a question

Hello all,

I am turning 36 in novemeber and my hubby and started TTC about 3 months ago.  My son will be 2 in October.  He was a complete surprise.  So this TTC thing is a little strange to me :-)  But looking forward to the process.  I decided to try OPK because i wanted to better understand my body and when I was likely ovulating.

I have used the Clear Blue Easy Digital test for the past 2 months.  My cycle is 29 days on the mark and very regular.  This cycle, I did first OPK at 10 days after start of my period.  First day was the blank circle--what i expected.  Next morning I got the solid circle meaning peak fertility.  I never saw the blinking circle.  Previous month I had one day of blinking followed by the two peak days.

Do others have experience going from nothing to peak like that?  I haven't tested again since the test just automatically shows the peak for two days.  I decided we would start DTD every other day once I saw the peak, but it seems awfully early in my cycle...Thoughts on interpreting the OPK?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Intro and a question

• Options
    mamalovesR&RmamalovesR&R member
    edited August 2013
    I sometimes get 1 day of peak, sometimes 2... It depends on the time of day your testing. My RE says after you get the first one you don't have to test anymore. Just DTD! Oh & yes I've go e from nothing in the am to peak by 6pm. But I'm a crazy freak constant tester.
    Rylee Jane 9/8/07 After 2 years TTC
    Reagan Lynn 2/23/12 After 3 years TTC & 6 mos 150mg Clomid
    TTC #3 Since 4/2012
    m/c 1/2013 at 5 weeks
    m/c 8/2013 at 5 weeks
  • Options
    I only used the Internet cheapies. When I used them I would start testing twice a day starting a few days before I thought I would O (mine was pretty much like clockwork). Good luck!
    Me:39 Dx LPD, Fibroid, AMA and all that goes with that. H:37 Dx low motility and low morphology. TTC since 3/12. Clomid 8/12 and 9/12: BFN. 11/12 on a break for Myomectomy sched. 11/26. Resume TTC early 2013.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    From what I know the best time to test is late afternoon so if you tested earli in the day and not the negative then second test in the afternoon it is possible.

As far as that being early to O I'm not sure. My cycle is short at 22 days and I O between day 8 to 10.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    QOTRQOTR member
    OPKs are definitely a good tool to have in the kit, but I'll echo SuburbsMrs. and recommend charting your temps. (www.fertilityfriend.com)  Even if you only do it for a few months, it is worth the time investment to get a true glimpse of if & when you O.   It also helps to identify if you have a Luteal Phase defect.

Good luck!
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    Charting didn't work for me. But, you should start BD 4 days before you ovulate, so try not to wait until you get the positive. Now you know you will likely ovulate on cd12, so start BD on cd8, if your AF has left.

Good luck! I hope your stay here is short & sweet.
    Me: 37; DH: 35, SA normal ttc 1st since 11/2011 1/2013: HSG 2/2013-4/2013: acupuncture 3/2013: SHG 4/9/13: lap removed stage 2 endo & ovarian cyst 9/2013-11/2013: Clomid 3x 12/2013: IUI/superO 2013: spent $4,900 on treatment Waiting until 1/2015 for IVF insurance
  • Options
    The month that I got pregnant with DS, the monitor went from low to peak. Every month is different so it's totally possible.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers mc #1 2/17/06 mc#2 8/3/06 mc #3 9/7/09
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"