Trying to Get Pregnant

BBT & Sleeping Naked!

Just got back from vacation and managed to keep charting all though it (even while saying with the in laws!). The only days I missed were our actual travel days when we were on a plane.  I got dotted line crosshairs for the first time (CD 25) which I was really excited about, but they went away this AM after a lower temperature. This is the second time I've noticed a correlation between a lower temperature and me not wearing PJs! Has anyone else ever noticed this? It makes sense, but thought it was interesting.
BabyFetus Ticker

TTC Since July 2013

Re: BBT & Sleeping Naked!

• Sorry - I should clarify. I don't always sleep naked, just randomly. That's why I'm thinking there might be a correlation between a lower temp & my level of clothing.
    BabyFetus Ticker

TTC Since July 2013

• Naked sleeper hear too. Clothes are too confining, yo.
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think it makes sense...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I always sleep naked so I'm not too helpful, sorry.

A & J

me: 23, SO: 26

together since september.18.2009

loving our lives with all our furbabies : dogs, cats, horsies, fishies, snakey :)

TTC #1 since december 2012

image image

• I don't sleep naked but I have noticed a temp change when we turn off the AC and leave the windows open instead. It's not a huge difference but enough to notice it being slightly higher because of the warmer outside temp.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Amy+Ryan said:
    I don't sleep naked but I have noticed a temp change when we turn off the AC and leave the windows open instead. It's not a huge difference but enough to notice it being slightly higher because of the warmer outside temp.
    I agree with this.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Yes this has happened to me. Last week we slept with our windows open (clothes on!) but my temp was so low and I assumed it was from being cooler in our room. Were you cold when you woke up?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Kara85Kara85 member
    edited August 2013
    The other time I noticed being cold when I woke up. This AM I didn't really notice. Actually, I had gotten really hot during the night (hence the no clothes), so assumed my temp would still be up. The other dip was really noticeable (CD9 = 0.5 degree lower), but this one was off from my last temperature one by 0.1. Will be wearing clothes tonight and interested to see what tomorrow AM looks like!

EDIT: Added words. Too close to bed time!
    BabyFetus Ticker

TTC Since July 2013

• I changed the blanket on our bed from a huge comforter to just a thin blanket because DH was having night sweats.  I did that the night before I thought I ovulated, but my temps stayed low.  Now I'm wondering how much of a difference it made.  :/  Maybe I'll switch back and see what happens.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • We're at the in laws so I feel like I have to wear clothes to bed. It should be illegal to wear pants underneath a blanket. UGH.

I'm sorry I'm an ass. I dont temp just felt I needed to bitch about how jealous I am of everyone sleeping naked lol
  • I just noticed the same thing today! Our AC is broken so I went to bed naked (I usually wear a sleep shirt) with a fan about two feet from the bed, and this AM I got the lowest temp I've had since I started charting last cycle. I'm pretty confident the two are correlated.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • janda426 said:

We're at the in laws so I feel like I have to wear clothes to bed. It should be illegal to wear pants underneath a blanket. UGH.

I'm sorry I'm an ass. I dont temp just felt I needed to bitch about how jealous I am of everyone sleeping naked lol

Pant legs just won't stay down in bed...and neither will the skirt of a nightgown. They always ride up or get pushed in odd directions. I hate sleeping clothed! Lol ;)
    imageimage
  • I normally sleep naked unless it's really cool out. I just got back from a vacation up north where the nights were cool- and wore pjs and then came home and slept naked. My charts did not differ at all from previous months with all naked sleeping.

My vote would be no, it's not going to make that much of a difference.
  • Just like everything with TTC, charting, temping - this is likely to be different for different for different people, not a "it is or it isn't."  Some people will experience a greater impact from external temp or conditions and others will not.  Some people have wildly fluctuating temps at different times and some have very stable at different waking times.  Just figure out what works for you and try to get the most accurate temps as you can.  Also, remember that a single temp will not make or break a chart.  GL OP!

TTC#1 since May 2012. Low AMH, High FSH.
    Factor II (Prothrombin) Mutation
    TTGP Award Best PIP 2013 & 2014

My Chart

• Emerald27 said:
    We're at the in laws so I feel like I have to wear clothes to bed. It should be illegal to wear pants underneath a blanket. UGH. I'm sorry I'm an ass. I dont temp just felt I needed to bitch about how jealous I am of everyone sleeping naked lol
    Pant legs just won't stay down in bed...and neither will the skirt of a nightgown. They always ride up or get pushed in odd directions. I hate sleeping clothed! Lol ;)
    I cannot do pants in bed for that reason.  They drive me insane.  If it's so cold I have to wear something, I'll do leggings.  But even that's rough.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Sorry this is a bit of a late response, but thanks to everyone for their thoughts! Also, I love the feelings about wearing pants to bed :) I used to sleep naked all the time and loved it but DH and I have just about polar opposite temperature schedules thought out the night so I'm back to wearing clothes.

I don't think I'm a major mouth breather (is that an accurate description?), but I do have allergies (dust & some seasonal) so its possible that sometimes I breath through my mouth more than others. I ended up getting the same temp the next day after wearing pants & tank top for PJ's so maybe the first lower temp was correct. Sad. I was really excited for the CH! Maybe next month.

I also went back and reread some of the FF info again, and they do say that changes in room temperature can impact temps. I agree, sister13...each person probably just has to figure it out for themselves! Thanks again, ladies!
    BabyFetus Ticker

TTC Since July 2013

• Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe I'll try that next cycle (hopefully this one will end sooner rather than later! I'm done with this spotting for days & days). In the meantime I'll go back and read up on it. If it helps me know if/when I'm ovulating then I guess I'm for it!
    BabyFetus Ticker

TTC Since July 2013

• I don't know how anyone can sleep naked!

I wear underwear and a tank to bed. What if there was a fire and I had to run outside naked with my dogs?

The only thing I hate with tanks is that a boob usually flops out sometime in the night.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• von1976von1976 member
    edited August 2013
    I used to sleep naked, but Hubs likes it REALLY COLD when sleeping. We have an in-window air conditioner that he cranks down at night. So now I sleep in flannel pj's, even in the summer.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• I always sleep naked.  I hate wearing clothes to bed or around the house for that matter. :) 

imageimage
    Beautiful Baby Girl born May 28, 2014

• I usually sleep with a tank and underwear because DH likes it cold. What I'm trying to figure out is how I wake up and my tank is off. I don't remember waking up to do that.  :-/
  • The two large dips in my chart are from mornings where the AC was blasting and my DH had stolen all the blankets  X(  The three spikes are from nights where I stayed up super late drinking with friends.

So, maybe being cold in the morning doesn't affect everyone's temps, but it does mine. Maybe it's just us?

TTC #1 October 2012
    Me (30): PCOS DH (31): SA looks good

12/13: Clomid + IUI = BFN

1/14: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN

2/14: Benched = BCP

3/14: Femara = BFN

4/14: Break for job change = BFP!! EDD 1/5/15

• teal owl said:

I don't know how anyone can sleep naked!

I wear underwear and a tank to bed. What if there was a fire and I had to run outside naked with my dogs?

The only thing I hate with tanks is that a boob usually flops out sometime in the night.

Funny story... H and I sleep naked and last December, a glass ornament fell off the tree and broke. H jumped out of bed, threw his glasses on, grabbed his gun (he thought someone was breaking in and yes, he keeps a gun next to the bed) and ran downstairs. It was quite a site to see... needless to say, we both now keep a set of pj's next to our sides of the bed just in case.
  • TeeJ526 said:
    I usually sleep with a tank and underwear because DH likes it cold. What I'm trying to figure out is how I wake up and my tank is off. I don't remember waking up to do that.  :-/
    This happens to me just about every time I stay somewhere that I feel I should wear clothes to bed.  I'll go to bed with pants and a shirt on and wake up in my underwear.  Never fails. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"