Blended Families
Options

When to tell the kids?

My SO has 2 kids- 12 and 6. When is the best time to tell the kids about our pregnancy? Any suggestions on an approach?

Re: When to tell the kids?

• Options

We aren't planning on telling the kiddos until I can't hide it anymore. That way God willing we are out of the 'scariest' part of the pregnancy and it's what we did last time! But it's a personal choice, whenever you feel is right I guess.

We got big brother shirts last time- I am not sure how we are going to do it this time, but we make it a big deal like how they can help. I'm sure since this is the last baby will be having everyone will be excited!

• Options

We told my DD right away at 5 wks.

DD #1 Amber Lynn 12/2000, DD #2 Leia Elizabeth 6/2009, DD#3 Aayla Ruth 08/2012. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We told my DS right as we found out.  We wanted him to feel like he was part of everything.
  • Options
    We told the kids when I was about 10 weeks - we would have told them sooner, but we live out of state and wanted to be SURE that everything was ok with the baby, so we wanted to have an u/s, see the heartbeat, etc...
  • Options
    Having just m/c'ed myself, my personal opinion is I would wait until you have a heartbeat and developing baby.  I hope you have a great pregnancy, but if its not, the younger kids aren't going to understand it and trust me, sometimes their questions can be more than you can handle. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"