April 2014 Moms

Naked Juice - Green Machine?

Any of you drink this? It has so many fruits in veggies in it that I enjoy drinking it while I don't have much of an appetite and can still get some veggies into my diet. I just read that it has 50mg of Parsley which I guess is BAD during pregnancy? 

Is anything safe anymore?? This is so hard! You think you're eating healthy and you're not :(
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Naked Juice - Green Machine?

• I just looked once at the amount of sugar in it and that was enough to make me say no way to those things. I make my own smoothies!

Married 2005, DS: 2006, DD: 2008 EDD: 4/16/14- IT'S A GIRL! Scarlett Jean
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • That's from all the fruit!! No sugar is added. I do agree it's a lot
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • TallaBTallaB member
    edited August 2013
    I love naked juice. That being said, I drink it because i like the taste. It is in no way healthy for you. It is sky high in sugar. Its owned by pepsi co...that in itself should tell you how healthy it is. And they've been in a lawsuit for  using synthetic chemicals rather than the actual vitamins that are in the fruits/veggies.

But, to answer your original question - i'm of no help! I've never heard of not being able to consume parsley...

ETA - i also just looked up parsley...yikes. Who knew??? You're right - these things you would never think of!

• I also make my own smoothies. I love my Magic Bullet, it's so convenient. My favorite right now is strawberries, bananas, spinach, plain Greek yogurt, and of course ice. Yum!

Interesting about parsley. I just looked it up.
    M & B: 05.24.04 | 06.27.09 | 10.24.10
    PgAL
    IUI 7.12.13 | BFP 7.24.13 | MMC Dx'd 9.5.13 | D&C 9.9.13
    IUI 11.16.13 | BFP 11.30.13 | BO Dx'd 12.23.13 | D&C 12.27.13
    Oops! BFP 4.2.14 | EDD 12.14.14

imageimage

• LittleLady77LittleLady77 member
    edited August 2013
    Depends on how you feel about GMOs in your juice. Naked and Odwalla are owned by Pepsi and Coke and recently were sued and had to remove their lying "all natural" labels because of the genetically modifed ingredients. I try not to support companies who lie and poison us (this is just my opinion, I'm kind of a hippie/stickler) and much prefer to use my juicer at home and make my own organic, fresh juices.

I love you. I could have written this myself.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • bethy84 said:
    *snip*
    Can I ask what you do with all the leftover pulp when you juice?  I tried one once and was amazed at all the pulp leftover and felt kind of bad, like I was wasting all that fiber.  I just stick with smoothies, but I'm leaning toward trying a juicer again to get some veggies into my diet.
    I haven't done it myself, but I know a couple people who use the pulp from juicing in their baking. You know how you can substitute applesauce for eggs or oil sometimes? They use juice pulp instead of applesauce. I'm going to try it with muffins in the near future.
    I've probably been on The Bump longer than you have.

After 31 cycles, baby boy K (IUI) born 11/03/11

BFP (Femara) - 08/09/13 m/c around 6 weeks. xoxox Baby April

Rainbow baby girl E (Femara) born 11/16/16
  • I didn't know parsley was bad during pregnancy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"