Washington Babies

Daycare Centers

Can anyone give me an idea what rates are for daycare centers (infant and toddler care) in the areas around Renton and Bellevue? 

I have heard $2k+ monthly per child for Bright Horizons and seriously hope that there are more affordable options?

Any suggestions would be so appreciated!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Daycare Centers

• So I asked this queston to one of my Working Mom groups, and here is one response:

Childrens Village (vision house), it is in Renton off of Bremerton and 4th. Her son is in the infant room and she love the teachers. they are on Facebook at Children's Village Child Care

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • On meetup.com, there is Greater Seattle Working Moms and Eastside Working Moms.  And there is a facebook group for Greater Seattle Working Moms. 
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you!
  • I live in Redmond and The "cheapest place" I have been to is 1800$ per infant a month at Kinder Care.  I also went to bright horizons and it was $2235 per infant a month.  I have to say, the difference between the two is huge....not only in money but in the atmosphere.   Most daycares I have been to have been $2000+.  I am having twins and I think my husband and I are feeling that using a nanny will work better for us.  It is such a stressful topic because we obviously want to be money conscience but want to feel good about where we take our babies.  
    If you find a place that you feel comfortable with that doesn't charge more than 2k+, let me know :)
  • Have you considered an au pair instead of a nanny? Of course they would live with you so you would need the space and feel comfortable with another adult living there but it seems to be a LOT less expensive than nanny wages in Seattle. The bonus is that your kids would be exposed to a second language from birth.

I am pretty set on daycare because I love the socialization aspect and it has been great for my two year old but at some point a nanny/au pair is just more convenient and affordable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"