July 2013 Moms
Options

Penis Care

I looked to see if this was discussed and couldn't find it, so I apologize in advance if it has.   DS's circumcision is fully healed.  I went to go clean poop from his penis and pulled the skin back a little and noticed a white film.  Is that normal?  Am I supposed to clean it?  I feel so silly, but it wasn't something I asked at the hospital and never asked at the pedi office.  I will call them, but since it's Friday and after hours, I'll have to wait for the on-call doctor to call back, which could be a while.  TIA!
Eff Yeah! Mighty Ducks
Oct '14 September Siggy Challenge
Teenage Crush

DD: E, 8/20/11
DS: N, 7/11/13

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Penis Care

• Options
    We had this too. The doctor said clean it with a qtip and then wipe. It will go away after a few days.
    H born 07/02/2013
  • Options
    At DS one month appointment she showed me where the white film was and said if was very important to clean it daily to get the film off.she just rubbed it off with her fingers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you!  I will clean it out :)

Eff Yeah! Mighty Ducks
    Oct '14 September Siggy Challenge
    Teenage Crush

DD: E, 8/20/11
    DS: N, 7/11/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Also you may want to check with your pedi, but mine told me to periodically pull back the skin to keep it from reattching.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Also you may want to check with your pedi, but mine told me to periodically pull back the skin to keep it from reattching.

This. His did reattach slightly, so the pedi had to pull it apart again. Now we are pulling it back every diaper change and applying Vaseline until it heals again without reattaching.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"