May 2013 Moms
Options

Nursing only in the morning and at night

So I go back to work in the beginning of September and I don't plan on pumping at school so that I can use the time during the day to get everything done and not have to stay too late after school.  I have read that you can adjust your supply to accommodate nursing only in the morning or only during the evenings.  I was wondering if anyone had success with anything like this? I don't want to give up nursing completely, I just don't have a great stash and I don't plan on pumping during the day.
Anniversary Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Nursing only in the morning and at night

• Options
    B27B27 member
    I'm a teacher too. I pump during the day but it's super stressful. I think your body will adjust, but you may need to pump a bit to relieve pressure at first, other wise you might be leaky and engorged.
  • Options
    I did this with my middle son and it worked great. With LO I had supply problems and it wouldn't have worked.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    wjvwjv member
    I didn't even think about him rejecting me! I guess I will just try and see what happens!
  • Options
    wjvwjv member
    B27 said:
    I'm a teacher too. I pump during the day but it's super stressful. I think your body will adjust, but you may need to pump a bit to relieve pressure at first, other wise you might be leaky and engorged.
    Props for pumping at school! I just know I won't be able to do it and keep my sanity.  Plus I am a special education teacher and a lot of my preps are spent having meetings and testing kids so yeah I don't think that is going to work out!
  • Options
    I tried it but my supply tanked.  We discovered that D wasn't getting enough to eat when she hadn't pooped for 5 days and even woke up with a wet diaper after a super fussy evening.  Since she's been strictly FF, she has been amazing. In fact, she slept 11 hours last night.  I hope you can work it out, but I'm disappointed that it didn't work for me. 
  • Options
    With both of my first 2, I went months with only feeding twice a day...but that was when they were older (at one year). I have quick letdown and flow, so all 3 of my kids have done bottle/boob without any issues. GL!

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• Options
    wjvwjv member
    Thanks ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"