May 2012 Moms

NBR: Happy Irrational Boss' Day! (vent)

I work for an inpatient facility and today there was a clinical and logistic issue regarding one of my clients. So, I did what I'm supposed to do and brought the issue to my immediate supervisor. Upon hearing what the issues are, she suggests that we go to the highest clinical boss. So the two of us go to her office and I present the information about the client and the situation. As I am sharing the info, the big boss literally interrupts me and accuses me of "attacking" her with the situation and she is tired of having to hear about the issue with this client. Wait...what???? I was totally blindsided with this response and my mouth is still agape as I am replaying it in my mind. Mind you, if there were other conversations about this client I was not involved nor was I informed about the outcome of said conversations. How, in any way, shape or form can discussing a situation/issue entirely about the client be considered me attacking her? My immediate supervisor (the one that suggested we bring this to the higher boss and was sitting in the room with us) was completely confused as well. She even said there was nothing in my tone nor my body language that could have possibly conveyed any level of disrespect. She later confessed to me in private that the higher boss had done similar things to her on five other occasions. The way she reacted was totally unprofessional and leaves a proverbial bad taste in my mouth. I am well aware as per my coworkers that have worked there much longer that she will not address this nor apologize for her irrationality and that is fine with me however this is certainly colors my opinion of her in a different shade.

Thanks for listening, I really needed to vent.  Anyone else have an Irrational Boss story?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR: Happy Irrational Boss' Day! (vent)

• My boss at the animal shelter I work for is under a lot of pressure from our board members. We are slowly sinking deeper into debt, being that we are a non-profit organization with one of the largest territories to cover AND our fundraising department changes department heads like I change my hair color. They are discussing cut backs and areas we can tweak to save money, and her presentation to the board was to cut our spay/neuter program. We are an animal shelter that gets thousands of cats per year 80%+ being litters of mothers and kittens/pregnant cats. We currently have 2 dogs in our care who had 9 PUPPIES EACH! Why exactly would we cut the program that is basically the reason for our existence? Without that program, why would we even remain open; what would be the point of us?

I have worked for other shelters and have probably a million and 1 fundraising ideas, and asked to be transferred to that department to help and her response was "no, we need you at the front, nobody else here knows our computer system". NEITHER DID I WHEN I WENT THERE! Why would you rather cut your core program than train somebody on how to use your system? I can't even...I still get amped just replaying the discussion in my head.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Ugh, Littleredfish, you have a boss who uses "boss logic" (i.e. NO logic whatsoever). How frustrating. She also sounds selfish and unable to handle change. It's amazing these people make it "to the top."

Yesterday, the higher up boss made the appropriate changes for the client. Yay! But of course, she acted like our conversation didn't go the way it did and made no reference to her inappropriate response to me.  Now I just have to pray that this client cause absolutely no problems bc then the big boss will say "See? I knew we should have sent her to someone else's program."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"