Detroit Babies

Moved to Royal Oak in my 3rd trimester. Need advice asap on OBGYN's!

I recently moved to Royal Oak from out of state and have been getting care at DMC in Detroit for the past few weeks. I am unhappy with the care and experience I received there and am looking for a new practice with good reviews that accepts my insurance (DMC Care). I read some positive things about Drs. Taylor and Burton at DaVincii in Fernadale, as well as the Dedicated Docs practice near Beverly Hills (Dr. Hochman specifically). Both of these accept my insurance and deliver out of the Providence Hospitals and a few others. I'd love to hear feedback about your experiences with these doctors and/or hospitals. I'm in my 3rd trimester and getting anxious about not having found an OB or hospital I like, and it's very difficult since I don't know anyone in this area. As this is my first pregnancy, I'm looking for a doctor who really listens to patient's concerns and takes time to fully explain everything. Please help!
BabyFruit Ticker image image

Re: Moved to Royal Oak in my 3rd trimester. Need advice asap on OBGYN's!

• I don't go to him anymore but I liked Dr. Brodsky. Dr. Taylor always seemed a bit disorganized and like she didn't take time to read your file (I.e., asking about how my baby was doing when I had miscarried a few months previous). The bigger problem with the office is that it is managed horribly. During my pregnancy, I had 3 different appointments where I showed up and they claimed that I didn't have an appointment. One time I even showed them the appointment card and they still made it seem as if the responsibility was on me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I would try to find a doctor who delivers out of Beaumont instead of Providence or DMC.  I heard good things about Generations in Birmingham
    imageNicole Hanna 11-23-2010
    Birthday
  • Loading the player...
  • Aabean Hagroo in Rochester. She delievers out of St. Joe Pontiac. Especially if this is your first. Amazing experience with this group. She listens, she will be a friend and make you feel very comfortable, also she is very intelligent and pays close attention to your needs. Office manger t rocks.
  • I delivered my son at Henry ford west Bloomfield.... And absolutely loved the facility the two doctors I mainly saw was dr Davidson and dr. Goldfarb both were males and I wasn't sure if I would like that or not but me and my husband LOVED them!!! But I also like HFWB because they also have midwives and when I have my next one I think I'll go that route... Although the MD's did respect the fact that I wanted a natural birth and they ensured I got that. They have all sorts of things to help you labor down with out drugs including a whirlpool tub although I didn't use it during labor it felt good after delivery since I did need an episiotomy. Good luck and congrats!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I see Doctor Uckele, hes with the Beaumont OBGYNS and he is fantastic. I am a high risk patient and he has taken such  great care of me. He is moving to a new office in Downtown royal oak and delivers out of Beaumont Royal oak. 
  • Somerset OBGYN. dr foley is really nice and so were the other doctors I saw briefly at the hospital. I was with dr foley and at the end of my pregnancy she joined the practice. They deliver at royal oak beaumont only.
  • Generations in Birmingham is wonderful. I have loved my experience there. They deliver out of Beaumont Royal Oak.
  • I go to Dr. Patricia Franz at Beaumont RO. She has been awesome and her office is at the hospital. She was recommended to me and I am very happy with her!
  • Can anyone suggest me an all female OB group that delivers at beaumont? And which ob to go for in that group. I'll be moving there 2 months before i deliver from out of state and would love some input from someone whose had the experience
  • Woman's first Obgyn is all woman Beaumont doctors
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"