July 2013 Moms
Options

BF and Losing Weight....

Now I know why they say breast-feeding makes you lose weight.... It is because you don't have time to eat anything yourself! I managed to seize the window of opportunity and get a bowl of Cheerios this morning. Is it wrong that I balanced it on top of LO while I was feeding him? Usually I can gauge how long he'll be napping and I can grab my meal however today he's been eating almost every hour. :-/ What does everyone have as far as snacks go when you're tied to the couch feeding? I need some good healthy ideas besides grapes...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
There are three reasons for breast-feeding: the milk is always at the right temperature; it comes in attractive containers; and the cat can't get it.  ~Irena Chalmers

Re: BF and Losing Weight....

• Options
    String cheese, crackers, granola bars, fruit. Anything I can eat with 1 hand.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have cashews, Clif Bars, granola bars, M&Ms (not healthy :)) all within reach of my chair.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Veggies&hummus
  • Options
    It's so true. I have a little bit of time to make a smoothie in the morning and then heat up soup or make toast with peanut butter in the afternoon. Ill also grab handfuls of nuts or goldfish here and there. I usually eat a big dinner. Gotta get the calories in.
  • Options
    I keep a dried fruit nut mix at my nursing spot. And water.
  • Options
    Thanks! All good ideas! I hope to get shopping today and will stock up!
    There are three reasons for breast-feeding: the milk is always at the right temperature; it comes in attractive containers; and the cat can't get it.  ~Irena Chalmers
  • Options
    Hard boiled eggs, carrots and hummus, bowl of oatmeal, Greek yogurt and granola with or without berries.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Options
    elyse05 said:

I keep a dried fruit nut mix at my nursing spot. And water.

Same here and granola bars.
  • Options
    I think I'm living on bagels and trader joes cereal bars (the fig one tastes like a giant fig newton). And if it gets desperate- Odwalla chocolate monster protein drink.
  • Options
    SwetaVSwetaV member
    edited August 2013
    Granola bars, Nutella & toast, fruit, baby carrots, crackers and cereal. Basically anything I can get my hands on in less than a "crying baby minute!" :D

ETA: I actually have lost more weight than I gained during my entire pregnancy, insane!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Luna bars (I am in love with their new blueberry fiber bars) and naked juice fruit/veggie smoothies, though those tend to have a lot of sugar because of all the fruit (I usually drink half).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Granola bars
    All natural fruit leather strips
    All varieties of fruits
    Crackers/chips (and a dip like hummus)
    Nuts and trail mix
    A glass of wine ;-)

TTC since Aug 2011. BFP #1 on 10/28/2011 EDD of 07/02/2012 Natural MC on 11/22/2012  BFP #2 on 10/28/2012  EDD of 7/13/13  Judah Ari born on 7/11/13.

I love my rainbow baby!

• Options
    Mrs JillB said:

I mean this in the most loving way, but I have two newborns and a two year old and I never miss a meal. You need to take care of yourself in order to take care of your babies. When you put the baby down for a nap, have lunch. Our babies are doing around 4 naps a day at this point, so it's doable. You'll also get really good at eating fast :)

I find time to eat. A hungry mom makes for a grumpy mom. It isn't always a great meal, but I have to feed DD, so I make sure I eat then. And yes, you learn to eat fast and with one hand. And usually cold food.
    Eff Yeah! Mighty Ducks
    Oct '14 September Siggy Challenge
    Teenage Crush

DD: E, 8/20/11
    DS: N, 7/11/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This may seem a bit odd, but baby food pouches make great snacks! They are all natural purées, so I get small servings of fruits and veggies this way.
  • Options
    jmw222 said:

Mrs JillB said:

I mean this in the most loving way, but I have two newborns and a two year old and I never miss a meal. You need to take care of yourself in order to take care of your babies. When you put the baby down for a nap, have lunch. Our babies are doing around 4 naps a day at this point, so it's doable. You'll also get really good at eating fast :)

I find time to eat. A hungry mom makes for a grumpy mom. It isn't always a great meal, but I have to feed DD, so I make sure I eat then. And yes, you learn to eat fast and with one hand. And usually cold food.
    This. I struggled for the first couple days home but I eat just fine now. I eat during naps, while baby wearing, put her in the bouncy seat, etc. Always something I can eat quickly.

Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Be.careful not eating or taking care of yourself. My LO was extremely fussy for two weeks and I kept thinking gas, colic, something I might of ate (when I did have time). When finally I realized I was not eating or drinking hardly anything througout the day. So as much as it hurt me to hear him scream, I put my LO down and ate and drank plenty. Within a day he wasn't crying for no reason. I haven't had a problem, other than normal stuff like growth spurts, with his crying. I eat constantly now. I take granola bars and two bottles of water to bed every night so I can have them during feedings and first thing in the morning to tide myself over until he finishes feeding, then I can grab something more. Life has been alot more pleasant for all of us around here. So take care of yourself or everyone will suffer.
  • Options
    I make overnight oats every day so so can easily grab it the next morning, make a quick cup of coffee and bring it into bed while DS finishes sleeping. I put chia seeds, flax seeds, berries and often times chocolate chips. It is a delicious, protein packed way to start my day. And oatmeal is great for supply. I make it a point to not miss a meal and having breakfast ready to go for me every day has been invaluable.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Options
    Yep i only gained about 20lbs during pregnancy and have lost a total of 34lbs in 4weeks! All i do is pump and food whats that? I try to grab something heavy for breakfast then a snack then dinner is something quick and easy like a chicken salad. Drinking a nice cold soda is a treat in my book while baby sleeps. Theres such a large gap in between breakfast, snack, and dinner ugh it gets better ladies.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"